Fan Shroud House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks. While doing a little pre season maintenance I had a mower that would not start . I noticed a bit of grass sticking out from under the fan shroud . When I removed the shroud I found the living quarters of a critter . Mower would have overheated had it ever started but ignition was packed full of trash too, causing the no start. Check and clean those shrouds ever so often . You never know what you will find .

I had one of those in my mower and when I killed the ignition it was so hot it just kept on going (dieseling) until it ran out of fuel. You did good finding it.

I have found nest in several engines that are kept outside , this one was indoors. I am just glad that no wires or hoses got chewed on.

I once had a yellow jacket nest in the door of a seldom used car. Driving it one, day I had several shook up yellow jacket as pssgrs.
grin2.gif

I had a red wasp nest about 8 inches across under the dash of my boat one year. It made the first trip to the local lake interesting. Some of us ended up jumping in the water before we had originally intended.

Try to get a little oil down the control cables . That's another problem area or my mowers and other equipment ..Have a good summer fellas .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back