CarQuest Red 85348 4760mi 04 Lexus ES330 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be confused with the current production filters. This is a Wix made red from several years back. In service for just shy of 5,000 miles on my Lexus that does a 110 mi daily commute for the GF.

Oil in use was 3 quarts Defy 5w20 the old non API high zinc version, 1 Quart Pennzoil Ultra Euro L 5w30 and one Quart PYB 20w50. Using up loose quarts of stash oil from clearance sales.

Filter sat upside down for 2 weeks after the oil change while I traveled for work and was still full when I cut it.

Decent filter for the $1.41 I paid for it.

Boy do I like the Affinia made WIX filters. That’s what quality looks like.I picked up a 51348 at O’Reilly today.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Small element in a big can.

Did you miss photo number two where the element fills the entire can? Element is the exact same size as a 1348 Napa Gold.

Luke: filter looks almost new
smile.gif

What did you replace oil and filter with? Thanks for C&P

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3

Did you miss photo number two where the element fills the entire can? Element is the exact same size as a 1348 Napa Gold.

Looks can be deceiving - it must all pack down in there!

Photo 6 shows about an inch of space

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3

Looks can be deceiving - it must all pack down in there!

Photo 6 shows about an inch of space

The steel "adapter" pictured takes the place of the thread end bypass valve used in other Wix filters. This filter used a dome end bypass. The use of the adapter allows the use of the same size filter element between dome and thread end bypass valves. I went out and measured the length of the adapter at 5/8". So yes some media is "lost" compared to omitting the adapter and making the media longer. However no difference in media height here compared to a 1348 Napa Gold of FL910S which both use the thread end bypass.

Originally Posted By: car51
Luke: filter looks almost new
smile.gif

What did you replace oil and filter with? Thanks for C&P

The media wasn't even discolored aside from being wet with oil. But as shown in numerous UOA for this car it's very easy on oil. New filter on was an Affina made Car Quest Premium Blue 85348, oil back in was Mobil 1 0w30 ESP from December 2016 AZ clearance sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back