Castrol magnatec 5w30 syn blend, opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got some magnatec syn blend, which i tought it was a full syn??? Anyway, it should be fine for my cruze 1.8, any tought or experience with this oil?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: wolf_06
Anyway, it should be fine for my cruze 1.8, any thought or experience with this oil?

Non-turbo engine?

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
I use the full synthetic. Many folks on this site actually prefer the syn blend.
yeah I actually couldn't find the full syn here in Canada, only the blend at Napa.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Magnatec has resulted in some stellar UOAs in turbo engines. Use with confidence.

Yeah I checked some reviews on Amazon and I was impressed with the positive reviews.

I had some in my escalade and it worked fine. I have some in my GMC right now but only got 300 miles on the oil. I’m not worried about it at all. I think it will be just fine in your car per the OLM

Great stuff! I am running the full syn now but ran the syn blend many times, no perceptible difference it's all good. I would be willing to push the full syn a little farther is about all, but ran the blend 8k without the slightest concern.

The Magnatec 5w30 syn blend is old stock. They changed it to full syn when d1g2 came along.

But since you have the 1.8 non-turbo, it should be fine
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back