Direct T.V. rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Rockies baseball season I could upgrade my service 1 level and get the station that broadcasts the Rockies.
Now this season the Rockies station is only available on the most expensive package.
What happened?
Oh yeah AT&T bought Direct T.V. and the station that broadcasts the Rockies.
So now to watch the Rockies on Direct T.V. I have to pay $157 a month plus some fees,F##k you Direct T.V.
I May cancel the service.
I have great over the air reception plus I have Netflix,Prime video and Hulu all free.

Originally Posted By: marine65

Do or do not, there is no may.

Lots of people mad at their cable/ satellite. Keep paying and they don't learn. They don't really mind if you're mad at them.

Can you get those games OTA?

You can blame the players. All costs roll downhill including those who rebroadcast the games. How do you think those multi-million dollar salaries get paid for?

IndirecTV
27.gif

Said F U to them a few months ago OTA and Sling now couldn’t be happier. I was Direct T.V. Customer since 1998 sad they said they wouldn’t cut a deal.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Do or do not, there is no may.

Lots of people mad at their cable/ satellite. Keep paying and they don't learn. They don't really mind if you're mad at them.

Can you get those games OTA?

No over the air.
At&t owns direct T.V. and the sports station that broadcasts the games.
We are trapped.

I have Netflix,Prime video and Hulu all free.

Does that mean you have a ROKU player? If so they also have Direct TV.

"They don't really mind if you're mad at them." exactly, as long as those checks keep cashing they do not mind or care and they will continue with poor customer service and raise the rates like clockwork as long as people keep paying. Dumped cable bills almost 20 years ago and no longer have tv at all and quite frankly do not miss it. AM radio (1110 Kfab) is good enough for me.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I have Netflix,Prime video and Hulu all free.

Does that mean you have a ROKU player? If so they also have Direct TV.

the only way to watch the Rockies on T.V. in denver is on AT&T most expensive package.

I called and cancelled direcTV because they wouldn't give me any more discounts. Was switching to PS Vue or DTVNOW. I cancelled, an hour later they called and gave me the middle package DTV for $25/month. Couldn't beat that so I still have them but I'm prepared to do the same next fall when my year is up.

Originally Posted By: jakewells
Do you have comcast in you're area?

I had Comcast and left on bad terms.
All cable and satellite services will die soon.
Streaming is the future.

Streaming is the future.

Only when the wireless can handle heavy duty streaming at a decent cost. In my area you have a choice of high speed Internet-Either Comcast or Comcast......

Originally Posted By: CKN

Streaming is the future.

Only when the wireless can handle heavy duty streaming at a decent cost. In my area you have a choice of high speed Internet-Either Comcast or Comcast......

Between those two i would chose Comcast.
Living in the Metro Denver area there are many choices.

I regularly have to negotiate FIRMLY with ATTTTT on a too frequent basis. Just with land line phone & ADSL. They've been a RPITA for decades now. Worst utility & most frustrating. One technique I use though time-consuming, is to only deal with customer retention dept. ask them for their best deal and write it all down. If they say "You have it", then I politely tell them I'll try another call center and someone else who will grant me a better deal. Regardless of their response, there always is. You have to seek it out though, often multiple times.

It's a game. Learn to play it well. Very well. Be persistent and firm. Elevate if necessary.

Never paid for TV. Period. No cord to cut.

Their name on all of those buildings, stadiums and advertising cost billions. They need to make that back, plus more.

Since the merger, both entities have been real pains to deal with. My U-Verse internet pricing has been screwed up a couple of times and it took me 3 months of periodic calling/adjusting/tech support to get my DTV app going again. My local Comcast/Xfinity leasing fees alone are $30/mth, so there's no chance of me going back to them.
I'd drop the DTV, but I'm not the only vote in the house.

I just checked on Dish.
I can get a package with the Rockies on it for $69 a month for 2 years.
Ok that sounds good.
But I did a little research on picture quality and dish comes up short compared to direct.
I'm a picture quality fanatic and have my T.V. tweaked to where i think it cant get any better.
So a switch to Dish might just drive me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back