Direct T.V. rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
up until now i've been happy with the service.
Last Rockies baseball season I could upgrade my service 1 level and get the station that broadcasts the Rockies.
Now this season the Rockies station is only available on the most expensive package.
What happened?
Oh yeah AT&T bought Direct T.V. and the station that broadcasts the Rockies.
So now to watch the Rockies on Direct T.V. I have to pay $157 a month plus some fees, [removed] Direct T.V.
I May cancel the service.
I have great over the air reception plus I have Netflix,Prime video and Hulu all free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Direct TV is certainly not cheap. You get hundreds of channels most of which you will never watch for around $100. Some promo packages, but once they end it's big $$.

Cut the cord.

I cut the cord when my cable bill hit ~$100/mo. Went OTA and streaming via Roku & smart TVs. Don't miss cable one bit, and it's nice to have $1200 more per year to spend on something worth spending the money on.

I've gone without pay TV for seven years now. It's nice to be able to spend that $1000 a year for something else.

Originally Posted By: marine65
Last Rockies baseball season I could upgrade my service 1 level and get the station that broadcasts the Rockies.
Now this season the Rockies station is only available on the most expensive package.
What happened?
So now to watch the Rockies on Direct T.V. I have to pay $157 a month plus some fees, [removed] Direct T.V.
I have great over the air reception plus I have Netflix,Prime video and Hulu all free.

How are you getting Netflix, Prime Video, and Hulu all free? I thought those were subscription based services also with a monthly or annual fee.

You can get all-3 free, if you have friends or relatives having a paid subcription to them. I have all-3 free.
However, I still have WOW Cable, only because my wife won't allow dismissal of it. I can live without cable or satellite TV. But she can't (so she says).

I cannot cut the cord, for if I do, she may cut housecleaning and cooking....lol
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: ls973800
Originally Posted By: marine65
What happened?

How are you getting Netflix, Prime Video, and Hulu all free? I thought those were subscription based services also with a monthly or annual fee.

I'm using family pass codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back