5.7L Hemi 2011 Durango 118k VFS W/ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
As subject states, 2011 Durango 5.7L Hemi. 118k Miles on SUV, 3k miles on oil. This is the new D1G2 Formulation. Filter was Fram TG2 which will be pasted in oil filters in next 48 hours. Makeup oil is .25 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum HM. Both oils are 5W-20. Not sure why [censored] thinks I used 5w-30. Oil was in service through NE Winter. Vehicle was ne to us in July. Fixed massive oil loss/consumption problems before this OC. No cooolant so headgasket is good. Low copper so Main bearing should be good. Double the average on Iron. Thinking about trying PP HM for a full OC as I dont like Iron that high. TBN was much lower than I expected after only 3k miles at 3.0. I was hoping to get longer intervals if I void my Valvoline Engine Warranty. Thoughts?

Edit: Oil was Valvoline Full Synthetic W/ Maxlife D1G2 Formula new Easy pour bottle.

Last edited:
What was your "mass" oil loss/consumption issue? The UOA shows you had life left yet in the VML. Would be nice to see your copper come down some with your next UOA.

It peaked at almost 3 quarts every 1k miles. Replaced drainplug, PVC valve, and oil filler cap. Seems to have fixed most of it.

Originally Posted By: Mathew_Boss
Low copper so Main bearing should be good.

From the engines I have torn down....

Usually, Once a bearing is "down to the copper"...
you are just a few hours away from having to get the crankshaft turned.

Originally Posted By: The_Captain
Where did the 27 ppm of titanium come from?

Valvoline is now using Titanium. Someone posted a VOA of the VFS the none ML formula and it had TI in it just not quite as much from what I remember.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
What was your "mass" oil loss/consumption issue? The UOA shows you had life left yet in the VML. Would be nice to see your copper come down some with your next UOA.

What's wrong with my copper? It's way below average for a 5.7 Hemi. I'm thinking most of the high iron is because it was my winter oil so it probably has some idle time higher than average.

I don't see any problem with the copper, though the iron isn't low enough.
Winter season and higher idling could've contributed some ppm wear # here, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back