WTH Can I Find a Match to this Light Globe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke one when dusting the fixture last week (right hand side of picture, the naked socket) No joy at the big box stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Menard's) and nothing at a locally owned builder supply home improvement place either. This kind does not use set screws, as seen by the threaded ceramic socket it as a large lock nut that screws onto the socket to secure it.

What are they even called, is globe the right word?

Unfortunately most big box stores buy a bulk buy on a product then the company stops production of that part. Yeah it's stupid I know. I had a light fixture above my dining room table that had a ballast fail, no replacement parts available. I went to a lighting store near my house called Lemenarea. They carry everything might be worth your while to check them out or a special lighting store.

IF you can find the manufactuer maybe, if its a few years old and china probably not. You may can find 3 new ones that fit so they will match vs trying to find one.

I think I have one to give you. I will measure it tonight when I get home. I replaced the entire fixture and have no use for them.

Originally Posted By: 97prizm
Unfortunately most big box stores buy a bulk buy on a product then the company stops production of that part.

Yup I feel like I saw these in one of those stores 10 years back.

32.gif
If you think that's bad, I got a floor's worth of 8" tile a while back. Returned for more and they literally didn't have that size. I see it on the floors of Burger King's kitchen etc so I know it's still made!

Ebay has that exact light fixture. It is called "Capital lighting fixture company burnished bronze five-light chandelier" the seller is bellacor 592 the price is $110.00 with free shipping.

They have 10 available.

Get on ebay. Do a search of "Capital lighting fixture company burnished bronze five-light chandelier" and scroll down until you find the correct one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GSCJR
I think I have one to give you. I will measure it tonight when I get home. I replaced the entire fixture and have no use for them.

1 11/16" is the inside diameter of the smaller opening and 5 3/4" for the larger opening.

1 11/16" is the inside diameter of the smaller opening and 5 3/4" for the larger opening.

Thank you for measuring !!
cool.gif

I'm getting 1 13/16" for the smaller hole and for the bottom measured outside edge to outside edge I get 6 1/2" wide. Measured height is 4".

It is definitely the Capital Lighting 5 bulb fixture in the links, in brushed nickel finish.

Got one on order from the local Capital Lighting dealer for $6.00 + tax. Thanks to everyone that helped me
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back