Fram white Pro series versus orange Extraguard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the white Fram Pro filters (cheapest ones) the same as their orange Extraguard filters?

The box for the orange Extraguard PH7317 and the website say 95% filration.

The box for the white Pro FP7317 says 93% filtration, but the website says 99%.

New production PH have silicone ADBV, not sure about FP... Send Jay an e-mail and ask him, he will answer you pretty quick.

According to pics of cut apart ones, it's just paint color and no black grippy stuff.

Someone jog my memory,
but I though the orange silicone ADBV actually appeared in the white "Pro series",
and then just recent;y appeared in the "Orange Can"??

Originally Posted By: larrymoencurly
Are the white Fram Pro filters (cheapest ones) the same as their orange Extraguard filters?

The box for the orange Extraguard PH7317 and the website say 95% filration.

The box for the white Pro FP7317 says 93% filtration, but the website says 99%.

My feeling is that filter may have been upgraded but always believe the lower number on the box.

White Fram Pro oil filters manufactured during the Frampion period were ecores in most model numbers. After the Frampion divorce, Fram Pro filters are the same as the orange cans, I have no idea if current Fram Pro filters now have silicone ADBV or if they stayed nitrile.

My take is if the box says 93% efficiency it's a Frampion period product, probably ecore.

Last edited:
I phoned Fram and was told the media type for any Fram Pro depended on the exact part number, but for FP7317 they said the media was ExtraGuard, just like the media in orange Frams. Actually I chose Fram Pro because of the can color, so I can make out the date and mileage I write on it.

Last edited:
Humm I have a box of 10 XG9688 and haven't used any. Bought as a replacement of my Hyundai OEMs but still have a dozen of the Hyundai OEMs to go. Doing 5k OCIs.
I keep hearing about the Hyundai fakes so I check and weigh to make sure I received OEMs.
If Fram is going down, I'm tempt to cut a new XG and take a good peek when I get a bored moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back