Random Work Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured you guys might like some pictures I've taken along the way being an industrial mechanic.

Due to bad weather we had to put the service on this machine last, but it was still raining so we had to put a 53' trailer at the door. This machine extends out the length of the trailer.

My small access to crawl in, good thing I've lost some weight!

2YSSIt8.jpg

Yes, I have to crawl the entire length of this to lube chains, tighten set screws, and grease bearings.

kU7ixZL.jpg

Co-worker not exactly thrilled about being in a trailer.

bnjaz1X.jpg

The other day debris caught and ripped a belt. This also shredded the lagging (makes the belt grip) on the drive roller. This was the aftermath...

AOtmfuA.jpg

78bgxoX.jpg

Got another call for another noise complaint. What bearing?

TkJYQZu.jpg

Someone decided to ship a full size recliner up the belt. Stuff like this is supposed to be hand carried, but they got lazy. It got stuck, naturally. I had to literally cut the thing in half to get it out.

lF9kkeJ.jpg

This one is my own stupidity. Couldn't find my allen wrenches. Oh there they are, right where you left them. Ooops.

PplTdfq.jpg

This is all for now. If you like this kind of stuff, I can post more.

Dangerous job if you don't pay attention to what your doing. I'm a semi mechanic at UPS and I've heard of conveyor mechanics losing an arm, fingers, a hand and getting fingers crushed.

Here is one of me - from a million years ago - stuffed inside an aircraft wing (wet wing = fuel tank)

One of the more "spacious" areas! - it gets a LOT tighter than this!!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Here is one of me - from a million years ago - stuffed inside an aircraft wing (wet wing = fuel tank)

One of the more "spacious" areas! - it gets a LOT tighter than this!!

AMP? I would guess Mil, but that hair!

Sign on the clearance and put your lock on the lock box. Confined entry watch? Your family expects to see you at the dinner table and the company is going to take a very dim view if you have a lost time or even reportable accident. VERY DIM VIEW.

Lock-out, tag-out is a very important thing in my line of work. We will lock out the main panel and depending on how things are wired, the machine as well. Certain machines (mostly hydraulic raised) are supported incase of failure. Some guys don't follow that to a T, but I do.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Lock-out, tag-out is a very important thing in my line of work. We will lock out the main panel and depending on how things are wired, the machine as well. Certain machines (mostly hydraulic raised) are supported incase of failure. Some guys don't follow that to a T, but I do.

Cool photos.

LOTO is definitely a thing that you can never take shortcuts or ignore in your line of work especially with so many moving parts.

Someone at my job got burned recently working with 480 Volts and let their guard down...

Heh, forgot I made this post. Thanks for the adds SEMI and Roofless! I do have a couple more to add, but will do that later.

I try and stay away from the panels. While I do know what I'm doing, I prefer to let the seasoned tech's do that work. If I'm by myself, then yea there's no choice. There are also times when you have to adjust the machine with it running, but I will make it a point to make it a 2 man job even if it's really a one guy job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back