How dark engine oil after adding 1/2 can Liquimoly

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dark engine oil after adding 1/2 can Liquimoly MSO2?. I added half can (150ml) to a Honda Odyessy V6 and I'm seeing a no real change in oil color (Pennzoil Platinum 0w20) wondering if Fram Ultra filter got it all?

Filter didn't get any of it. The particles pass right through an oil filter because they are too small for the filter element. You added 150mL to basically 4,900mL of engine oil, which is 3%. You won't see a real change in color, even if you added the whole can (which is the recommended dosage per the instructions).

Thanks for reply. Just was expecting oil to be a lot darker like a light gray. Lack of change to color caught me off guard.

Nah, I've used MOS2 a couple times and never seen any noticeable color change after the engine had run for a couple minutes. Same thing with Ceratec- might be slightly different but no OMG moments.

What SubieRubyRoo said. The only time I have seen MOS2 turn oil gray was someone selling a jeep used 2-3 cans trying to quite down piston slap. Way to obvious.

When adding a full can of MOS2 to my Acura in signature -- oil became darker after 1000 miles. When not using MOS2 in the Acura -- usually takes 3000 miles before it turns a tint darker -- synthetic or conventional.

My 3.7 liter sump had a slight grey tinge to it afer adding half a can.

But the 4.5 liter sump I added the other half to I couldn't notice.

Curiosity for me. Seeing if any improvements to cold starts and fuel economy in the Toyota. And seeing if it might help with high iron wear in the Subaru.

Only been in the sumps for a couple hundred km so far, so too soon to tell.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
What is the benefit of adding MolyB if the oil is already an excellent formula?

21.gif
The snake oil business is a huge profit maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back