Tractor Transmission/Hydraulic Fluid OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Blackstone can analyze my tractor fluid and determine if it needs changing or not. I am using Kubota super UDT. Fluid looks clean and clear after 300hrs.

Yes they can. You will get less chemistry, but you need less. Any contaminates will show up.

But, if it looks good and there is no water present, it's good to go, usually. Hydraulic fluid is good for a 1,000 hours if uncontaminated. Many folk run beyond that
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: perryg114
I wonder if Blackstone can analyze my tractor fluid and determine if it needs changing or not. I am using Kubota super UDT. Fluid looks clean and clear after 300hrs.

Can you send them a New Oil sample for comparison?

They need to compare new and used TAN's and give particulate counts.

Call BL and speak to Ryan or one of the Techs about your specific needs.

Last edited:

I/we (collectively all parties involved with tractors) typically change tractor hydraulic fluid every 2,500 hours.

Just keep it clean, and don't abuse the equipment - and the oil almost lasts forever.

I'm talking equipment that gets run for well over 10,000 hours or more during ownership.
I doubt you will EVER wear out your oil!!!!

I wonder why Kubota says to change every 400 hrs and do a complete at the initial 50 hrs?

Perry
The initial oil and filter change is to get the break in metal out and the 400 hour is because the oil lubes the transmission and is used for the hydraulics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back