Help me choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw DTD Presidents Sale and wife's 2016 Kia Sedona van needs tires. 235 65 R 17 size. Three I have sorta narrowed down to are Yokohoma Avid Ascend, Altimax RT43 and the Cooper CS5 Touring. All are close in price and have 2 rebates when you use their card. Any input or experience with any of these on a van appreciated. Cold weather performance not really a consideration where I live.

Mainly quite riding and good mileage.

This won't help much but I always tell people looking at the CS5 that the CS4 tires I had were GREAT.
I'd comparison shop too but the Cooper CS5 Touring would get the nod in the absence of clearly superior data from some other tire.

I could feel the same way about a GREAT set of Bridgestone G-009's I had but that feeling is tempered by there being no progressive replacement for the G-009 and having been disappointed with another set of Bridgestones I had.

It ain't easy this tire shopping.

The Yokohama looks like it should provide the quietest ride of the three. Most all sizes of the Yokohama are made in the USA to boot.

Any of the three will be good, so just choose the one with the best price/rebates
smile.gif

The Nitto NT421Q is also worth considering

Well I ended up with the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread. With $50 instant discount and $170 in rebates on a set couldn't turn it down. Never been a Goodyear fan so we shall see how they perform. 6 months no interest financing as well.

Originally Posted By: smoothxman
Well I ended up with the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread. With $50 instant discount and $170 in rebates on a set couldn't turn it down. Never been a Goodyear fan so we shall see how they perform. 6 months no interest financing as well.

I once got so many rebates on a set of tires that the tires were free and the tire store had to give me $50.00.

I think you did good.
I would have done that deal on any major brand tire.

I saw this deal on the GY ACT on DTD, made me wish I needed tires. I'm not a GY fan per se either but I've been looking at the CT for a possible next purchase. When I finished looking at total price after all rebates ($220 back then as noted) a set of 4 215/55-17 ~$310. If I was going to purchase would have tried to get my local DT to price match which based on previous experience I expect they would have.

Think you did well on price. Please update on how the GY ACT work out for you.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

I saw this deal on the GY ACT on DTD, made me wish I needed tires. I'm not a GY fan per se either but I've been looking at the CT for a possible next purchase. When I finished looking at total price after all rebates ($220 back then as noted) a set of 4 215/55-17 ~$310. If I was going to purchase would have tried to get my local DT to price match which based on previous experience I expect they would have.

Wow that is a good price!

Originally Posted By: MParr
I think the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread will serve you well.

Ran a set on the Fusion … smooth ride … they were out of stock or would have replaced with same …

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Wow that is a good price!

I thought so too. Had to resist buying a set, but still have lots of tread left on OE GY Assurance Fuel Max.

At the time, there was a DTD $50 best tire rebate. Two GY rebates, one for $60 from DTD and $80 from GY. And $30 DTD/DT Credit Card rebate. Last three still in effect thru 4/1 but $50 best tire rebate over now.

Not difficult to understand how the OP chose to give the ACT's a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back