computer help forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions for a good forum to go to discuss computer help? I'm not the techie I was years back but I am still decent at figuring stuff out and like to get my hands dirty but just don't know modern systems like I should. Looking to solve some networking sluggishness on my good computer that doesn't seem to fit any typical problem pattern.

Honestly I found some good computer help right here over the years. In fact I had better luck here than on Windows and Linux boards.

Yup. I would just start a thread on here. OVERKILL is our resident networking guru here. I'm sure he'll be able to offer some valuable advice.

When I had an issue with my new laptop not allowing me to use an external hard drive, I asked here and the Microsoft Windows community. But HP Technical Support had the answer.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Honestly I found some good computer help right here over the years. In fact I had better luck here than on Windows and Linux boards.

Yep. Tons of computer and IT folks in this field on BITOG.

I'm a moderator over at tomshardware. Lots of great people and super useful information. Forums are very active as well. Posts always get replies.

bleeping computer dot com has solved many virus issues I had in the past. Even some really nasty ones visiting nephews installed on my wifes machine. Saved me from having to wipe and reinstall windows.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Any suggestions for a good forum to go to discuss computer help? I'm not the techie I was years back but I am still decent at figuring stuff out and like to get my hands dirty but just don't know modern systems like I should. Looking to solve some networking sluggishness on my good computer that doesn't seem to fit any typical problem pattern.

https://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

Important note: anon posts are allowed, but if you expect to be taken seriously you should join (it is free unless you choose the premium option).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back