Potential Heresy - Stihl Electric Mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw one of these in a local ACE Hardware (this store sells the full line of Stihl power equipment). Battery powered rather than power cord or gas engine. Has anyone used one yet?

Last edited:
Is this the one with the swappable batteries? I saw one some time back and thought it was a good idea. Supposed to be very quiet as well. Stihl is known for quality products.

I've had a Toro electric for seven years or so. It works fine for my small lot - front and back yards together are no problem on a single charge. My lot is 50' x 110', less the house and driveway. There are three 12 V gel-cell batteries in series.

The only issue I had was hitting something (likely the city water shut-off valve where the ground had receded) and ruining the first motor. Replaced it (not a hard job) and am now more careful about obstructions.

I really like how I can turn it over to clean wet grass from under the deck without spilling gasoline or oil, and don't have to worry about stale gasoline in the off-season.

I did not consider a corded electric - my dad had one when I was at home, and I didn't like using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back