Quality of CENTRIC brake parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple question, i am shopping for caliper seal kits and found parts from CENTRIC.

To me, living in Germany, this company is unknown.

How is the quality of these parts?

Could some BITOG members from the USA tell me their opinion about these parts?

Thanks!

Like most brake manufacturers without OEM business, they have products made to "their specs" by manufacturers in Asia. I would say their quality is no better or worse than anyone else. Their premium rotors and calipers are decent, their pads are a hit/miss, and I do not have experience with their seal kits.

I purchased their seal kit for my Honda S2000's front calipers. I ended up re-using one of my original seals and both original dust boots. I'm a very capable guy and I was unable to get the dust boots to fit, in the end, my original seals looked better than the Centric ones.

Conclusion: Their Honda S2000 seals and boots are poor quality.

Thanks, i just bought a Honda S 2000.

Honda germanys price tag is 80,- Euro / 95,-US $ for -ONE- (1) seal kit.... The Spare part prices for japanese cars in germany are just completly insane.

I will try to order OEM somewhere else.

"their calipers are OK - they corrode fast."

+1
In my experience, their reman calipers start rusting right away. Work well,otherwise. Their Cryo treated rotors are great.

Originally Posted By: ChristianReske
Thanks, i just bought a Honda S 2000.

Honda germanys price tag is 80,- Euro / 95,-US $ for -ONE- (1) seal kit.... The Spare part prices for japanese cars in germany are just completly insane.

I will try to order OEM somewhere else.

Any chance you can get it from UK? Japanese parts should be cheaper there. Assuming you won't pay any customs since they are still in EU.

For some applications…

Centric is really the only option left.

I purchased this one to install on a large industrial forklift at work,
Specifications are for a ‘59-‘60 Dodge truck ....
I guarantee you that nobody in United States
is going to “tool up” to make a run of these anymore -
So the only option anymore is Taiwan, period.
Which, in my book is good!
Taiwan makes better product than the Chinese do.

Originally Posted By: willbur
"their calipers are OK - they corrode fast."

+1
In my experience, their reman calipers start rusting right away. Work well,otherwise. Their Cryo treated rotors are great.

The best calipers to get are Napa Eclipse and Cardone Ultra. They are coated to stop the rust. The Napa Eclipse is the same as Cardone Ultra, but the coating is black instead of silver. Either will serve you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back