Polish scrape from fender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scraped the side of my otherwise cherry Frontier's front fender on the side of the garage door yesterday. I am thinking that a good polish might take off the transferred house paint and remove some of the scratches. Do you have any advice (best polish, method, other chemicals, etc.) that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

My wife scraped a portable basketball hoop with our truck. She took a mr clean Majic Eraser and with a soap and water rubbed it out. I couldnt believe it when I saw how well it worked. I later through some polish and wax at you can't tell.

Yeah, you can even try toothpaste on a wet rag as a mild abrasive to start with. If you need to go more aggressive you can do so then.

Meguiar's Scratch-X.

Worked wonders in removing yellow paint from a family member's black car after the driver gave a love-tap to a parking post.

You can use a Magic Eraser but make sure you use car wash soap and water as a lubricant as you're using the eraser. I wouldn't use toothpaste on it. There's also the Meguiar's Scratch-X which is good and widely available at stores like Walmart. Should look fine when you're done. You may need a little touch up paint on the edge but it's only plastic on the bumper so it won't rust. Have a beer afterwards if you want.

All good advice. Ive solved a lot l of my wifes modifications with meguiard ultimate compound or scratch x. Followed up by a good wax.

Chris Fixx has a good youtube video on removing paint transfer from a car...Magic Eraser using WD 40(?) as a lube...followed by a polish...something like that....I used the recipe a few years ago when someone scuffed me in a parking lot and it worked perfectly.

The picture looks as though there is only some paint transfer from whatever was hit.
Rub it off and maybe some touch up paint in the areas on your car where paint has been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back