Schaeffer 9000 5w40 in Detroit 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just switch two trucks over to Schaefer's and I'm waiting to send off my first sample on that. Both Detroit and there is definitely a seat-of-the-pants difference smoother and fuel mileage increase.

What oil filters are you running I just switched over to The Donaldson blue DBL 3998 they are about $31 each. I am still those the same time I added Amsoil bypass filters and the Schaefer's 9000

Maybe not relevant to the D-14L but I will use a Mopar filter (repainted Fleetguard Stratopore) with my Series 9000.

Currently using HDD & EaO.

Do you have an update on this at all I'm running several 12 and 14 liters with Schaeffer as well with bypass filters, what is your longest run on this oil so far

Last edited:
Question: with all that phosphorus and zinc would this amazing oil be a good choice for a 2017 Ram 6.7L CTD?
Didn’t know how much of an effect the high levels of phosphorus and zinc levels would play with the Emissions system?

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Impressive looking oil but you'd have to mortgage your house to constantly run it in a OTR truck!!!

Bull Hockey. It is not THAT expensive AND it outperforms while paying back its users with fuel economy gains!

Yeah … there is a bunch of iron to flow past with a block that large … B2B runs would be more telling …

This is what my wholesaler said when asked:

9000-5W40 gallons $138.69 case of 6
9000- 5W-40 quarts $73.91 case of 12
221#2 Moly grease $4.00 tube

I'd say that's pretty decent at least for my 2 year OCI.

Cost per gallon as good as Delvac 1 from Walmart … pretty good really if you run it a while … and keep the tractor ringing that cash register …
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back