Union Sangyo oil filters

mez

I see a lot of Union Sangyo oil filters on ebay. Are they any good? Thanks

I used them for many years on Acuras, Hondas, Nissans, Infinitis and an Isuzu Trooper. Never had an issue. Made in Malaysia quality was good. Likely on a par with Denso and Nippon for quality.

i bought a 6 pack of the malaysia made honda ones. they are a clone of the A01 honda filter. thick shell. i will buy more when i run out

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
i bought a 6 pack of the malaysia made honda ones. they are a clone of the A01 honda filter. thick shell. i will buy more when i run out

They are not real easy to find cut open online, but the ones I find absolutely look NOTHING like an A01 internally... So unless you consider approximately the same shape and a shade of blue “clone” I’m not sure I buy that the are A01 clones.

I don’t also know what they cost on EBAY, but at Amazon pricing you might as well buy real Honda filters.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
I don’t also know what they cost on EBAY, but at Amazon pricing you might as well buy real Honda filters.

A few years ago I paid $4.05 for the C-562 Honda filter at a BAP Geon store.

the malaysia ones c-562 are $20 for 6 off of ebay. so about $3.33 each. i have a oil change coming soon and will cut one open to see inside and post it .

the malaysia ones c-562 are $20 for 6 off of ebay. so about $3.33 each.

They are ~$26.00 for 6 with drain plug seals on Amazon so ~ $4.33 each, so not as good as the bay.

i have a oil change coming soon and will cut one open to see inside and post it .

Cool, I would appreciate that, I was going to cut one with the last batch I did but I could not find a single on Amazon that I was sure was a C-562 and didn’t want to go $26.00 just to get one to cut open.

On Ebay for the Ridgeline 12 for $35.64 buck. About $3 bucks each.

Only problem with them is if they are old. I look for fresher filters, preferably with a date. Or from a retail dealer I know has fresh stock. On ebay you could be getting 15 year old filters. Older than that even.

I would put them an equal to Denso made filters. Two issues I have is they are not really price competitive most times and the other issue is they seem to be third party imported to the USA with no real presence here if in the rare event you need to push back on a warranty claim of some type.

the malaysia ones c-562 are $20 for 6 off of ebay. so about $3.33 each. i have a oil change coming soon and will cut one open to see inside and post it .
What did you find after cutting one open?

Back