Favorite Mechanics Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who wear Mechanics gloves, (not the oil proof latex or rubber gloves). When doing repair work I use Mechanix brand gloves. They come on sale regularly and are comfortable when working with tools. If you use them for yard work however they tend to get abraided quickly and the finger tips rip open. (Then you can use them as driving gloves!
lol.gif
). Which brand do you recommend?

Last edited:
I also use Mechanix gloves. Will be watching this for good alternatives.

I find they are terrific for things like helping people move also. Really saves your hands.

For yard work and anything i need a glove for..there are orange and black calfskin glove at harbor freight that seem to last me a very long time. I cant find them on the website. I think they were $3 a pair.

For working on cars i only use nitrile.

Me too. I love the regular Mechanix Gloves. I have a few pair in varying degrees of dirtyness for different types of jobs.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Anyone try the blue NAPA brand Mechanics gloves?

I have been satisfied with them.

I have only one pair Mechanix Original, and the finger tips have holes over the years. Wanted to buy another pair or two. Where do you usually find sales for the gloves?

Originally Posted By: windeye
I have only one pair Mechanix Original, and the finger tips have holes over the years. Wanted to buy another pair or two. Where do you usually find sales for the gloves?

Years ago, they were always 19.99. I see them in auto parts stores usually for 11 dollars and sometimes as low as 9.99. Sometimes I even find them on Ebay for even less.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mechanix-Wear-Tactical-Gloves-Military-Bike-Race-Sport-Mechanic-Army-Airsoft/273085858033?hash=item3f952f80f1:m:mM316GYAMRiiYoHnTTVksAQ

Any color and size you want and free shipping.

Last edited:
I gave up on those gloves for auto work. Can't grab any small items. I like latex (the heavy duty ones that don't tear)and I'm not allergic to it. I like the HF nitrites too.

Nitrile, nitrile-coated (new favorite), or traditional mechanics gloves.

Nitrile for most dirty/oily work. Nitrile-coated (Ansell HyFlex, ATG Maxiflex) for heavier work, but less oil. Traditional mechanics gloves for the heaviest work minimal oil... knuckle saving, hammering, grinding.

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3
Nitrile, nitrile-coated (new favorite), or traditional mechanics gloves.

Nitrile for most dirty/oily work. Nitrile-coated (Ansell HyFlex, ATG Maxiflex) for heavier work, but less oil. Traditional mechanics gloves for the heaviest work minimal oil... knuckle saving, hammering, grinding.
About the only time I use Mechanics gloves is to prevent burns. The rest of the time I am wearing nitrile coated gloves. The Ansell gloves are a little more than I like to spend, I have found some similar gloves "frog grip" I think they are called on amazon for about $13 per 12 pairs. I normally keep 3 pairs in use depending on the job. When one pair gets too nasty/stretched out I rotate in a new pair. I use the newest pair inside cars to prevent cuts when working behind dashes, a slightly dirty pair for working on engines and the dirtiest pair for brakes and suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back