Just a gripe...ST 15w-40 up $2/Gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, I FINALLY decide to go with Supertech for my truck. It runs great on it and I was STOKED because not only is it a good robust CJ-4 oil for the old 7.3, but it is only $9 a gallon......until yesterday....I find out it has risen to $11.47 per gallon. Imagine my delight in finding out it is now more $$, even though it is still the cheapest. I also noticed Rotella went up about the same. Ah well, can't have everything I guess. Happy motoring!

Everything is going up. Inflation. 2002 Delo 400 was under $7.00 per gallon.

If you've been paying attention the price of all oil has be creeping up at Walmart the last couple of months. I think its what they call inflation.

Was down at Walmart yesterday -- Castrol Synthetics and Pennzoil Synthetics went up in price also in my parts.

Last edited:
So I should have no fear running Supertech 15W40 in my 'ol 7.3? Its getting old shelling out $75 for Motorcraft 15W40 and a Napa Gold 1734, but I buy the motorcraft for the extra zddp.

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
So I should have no fear running Supertech 15W40 in my 'ol 7.3? Its getting old shelling out $75 for Motorcraft 15W40 and a Napa Gold 1734, but I buy the motorcraft for the extra zddp.

Definitely have no fear. My 7.3 does really well on it and the additve package is CJ-4, so it's pretty robust. Ditch the Motorcraft, unless you like dropping the coin on it.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Harvest King 15w40 - $12.99/2 gallons $6.50/gallon

I tried it. My truck ran like chit on it...bad idling, just all around [censored]. I was disappointed because I thought it would be a good oil.

I always, mostly bought my oil at Walmart, sometimes ST. I know oil prices change but I too have felt the ST seems to be higher then it was compared to other name brand oil. To me, the difference used to be ST was much cheaper, doesnt seem that way anymore, seems more close in price, I mostly use conventional.
Dont know if I am right, but whatever ...

Last edited:
I just noticed this the other day. I will still run it as well as I like the CJ-4 spec and the price is still good. I am running it in a 1986 Ford 6.9 IDI and its doing great on it.

Agreed on both. The price seems to be closer to what Rotella is now. I'll still run it though because my truck is doing well on it and wasn't so much on the Rotella. Delvac also has 5 gal buckets for CHEAP right now, all CJ-4 spec.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: beanoil
Just stop by TSC for the same oil in a different container.
TSC Traveller

There is that too. I wish we had TSC around here. Surprisingly we don't. But it is cheaper there for some reason.

I believe I read about TSC switching to a diff oil supplier awhile ago and last time I checked the bottom of the 15w-40 at my TSC there were a couple warren's and than something else which I can't recall now. I will check them again next time I am there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back