2014 Cruze 1.8L, M1 EP 5W-30, 10,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20180328_204412_2.png

I think the site should give badges for those who try longer oil change intervals. :p

Here's a look under the oil fill cap. Definitely interested in comments on that.
IMG_20180313_193323743.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ME_Andy
I think the site should give badges for those who try longer oil change intervals. :p

Hahahahah!

Great low metals numbers.... I wonder what the TBN would have been.

Here's a look under the oil fill cap. Definitely interested in comments on that.

Only one comment needed: it looks flawless inside.

Thanks guys. I used the cheap AC Delco oil till about 30,000 miles. The middle column is Magnatec.

Are you implying that running M1 EP for only 66% of its rated mileage should earn you a medal?

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

Are you implying that running M1 EP for only 66% of its rated mileage should earn you a medal?

Nice way to put it.
lol.gif

No badge for the OP!
spankme2.gif

Oil looks very clean for 10k miles. Our Mini turns its oil almost black within a couple thousand miles. I blame the French (the engine is half Peugeot).

You said the one in the middle which was tested at 36,700 miles is Castrol Magnatec. Seems to me those are though most impressive numbers of the three.

Run CM 10K and see what you get … (I got sludge in 4K)
Would do Edge for 10k before Maggy …

Take a better picture of that cam lobe. If it's scored, take it into the dealer, you should still be under warranty.

Just to dispel any nasty rumors, there's no scoring. I was more interested in whether that was more or less clean than average.

Just to dispel any nasty rumors, there's no scoring. I was more interested in whether that was more or less clean than average.

The engine in my 07 Fusion is very clean at 224K at 10K OCIs. Send us a pic at 200K and we can evaluate then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back