SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently purchased a SAMSUNG GALAXY J7V phone. My LG TRANSPYRE died on me.
I had an 8 GB SD Card installed in it, but never used it. I installed it into my J7 and it reads," TAP HERE TO TRANSFER MEDIA FILES" Before installing it there was a link stating something about backing up files, yada, yada, yada! I'm new to this gadgetry so I need a little bit of help. Should I "TAP" to transfer the media files? Please, don't laugh, well, where I can see it anyway, and just help out a 19th Century fellow member!
THANK YOU!

When you are transfering SD card between different phones always do a backup copy of its content because every phone wants to re-format SD card by its standards...

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
When you are transfering SD card between different phones always do a backup copy of its content because every phone wants to re-format SD card by its standards...

That's just it, l never down loaded or used the SD card in the other phone.
So,should l just go ahead and TAP?

Yes, go ahead and tap. The phone will format the SD card, and then back up the files FROM THE PHONE to the SD card. You can change the storage settings, but we won't get in to that. Save the phone storage for small things, keep pictures and videos on the SD card.

All your apps from your old phone should automatically install themselves as well (at least if your new phone is Marshmallow, Nougat or Oreo). It will ask you if you want to treat your sim as part of main memory or separately.

Last edited:
Okay, I went ahead and pressed it. It shows all of my files that were on my other phone, in which I find useless. I went ahead and pressed EDIT and deleted them.
There was one that read ANDROID. It wouldn't delete so I just left it alone. I read more into the SD card operation and understand it now. Thanks for the help from everyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back