Who runs Amsoil Metric 10w-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will change my motorcycle oil in a few weeks when I pull my bike out of winter storage. Thinking of switching to this oil this year. How do you like it?

Best oil ever. Puts up with the demands from being used a shared sump... and comes back for more.

I've used it in two GL1800's, and I've not babied either one.

I used Mobil1 once, for whatever reason my bike went through it so fast I had to check the drain bolt to make sure it wasn't loose. Amsoil usage is nil between oci's.

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
I used Mobil1 once, for whatever reason my bike went through it so fast I had to check the drain bolt to make sure it wasn't loose. Amsoil usage is nil between oci's.

Same here ... my Busa would drink Mobil 1, but if I used Valvoline motorcycle oil the level never went down.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
How about this?

Not opposed but looking for top of the line. I have also read many positive reviews and am looking for comments from actual users here.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
How about this?

Not opposed but looking for top of the line. I have also read many positive reviews and am looking for comments from actual users here.

If you want top of the line, stay away from Mobil 1.... [censored] I'd run Lucas MC oil before I ran M1 in my bike. I currently have the Castrol Full Syn 4T MC oil in my Kawasaki, it seems to like it, no loss and shifts great.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds

If you want top of the line, stay away from Mobil 1.... [censored] I'd run Lucas MC oil before I ran M1 in my bike. I currently have the Castrol Full Syn 4T MC oil in my Kawasaki, it seems to like it, no loss and shifts great.

Currently what is in my bike too.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I will change my motorcycle oil in a few weeks when I pull my bike out of winter storage. Thinking of switching to this oil this year. How do you like it?

I've tried many oils in my vtwin with a shared sump, and Metric has come back with the best uoa. Great stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back