Mid range Android phone recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to work on Verizon network.

Currently looking at Moto X4 for about $350, but specs don't seem a whole lot better than my old Nexus 5X.

What else should I be looking at? Don't want to dish out $650 for Pixel 2.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Needs to work on Verizon network.

Currently looking at Moto X4 for about $350, but specs don't seem a whole lot better than my old Nexus 5X.

What else should I be looking at? Don't want to dish out $650 for Pixel 2.

They haven't really gotten much better lately. Got a Samsung S8 last year, the S9 has very minor improvements. I had the old Moto X (2nd gen) before. Best deal on the S8 was the week before black friday got it for $370. I'm sure the S9 will be in that range again in November if you can wait.

I’ve been very pleased with the newer lg offerings. Not to much bloat ware well made nice phones. The v30 is awesome but probably a bit out of your price range.

I really like my Moto G5. Nice screen, good camera, runs every app I have tried with good speed, good battery life, quick charger.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
As much private information people are stealing from you on these phones they should be giving them to you for free!

Was your computer and internet access given to you for free as well?

Thanks for another useless post.

I study this quite a bit.

The answer for you is probably the LG G5. Why? Because you can easily replace the battery and upgrade the memory which will likely make it a lot more useful in the long run than the G6.

It should cost no more than $200. The strange thing is I bought nearly a year ago for just a tad cheaper (it was used) and it's still the same price new then as it is now. Not many phones can lay claim to that honor.

As much private information people are stealing from you on these phones they should be giving them to you for free!

No but if look at what going on with Google, Twitter and Farcebook it sure as help should been. Time for some really major Class Action suits against these companies.

No but if look at what going on with Google, Twitter and Farcebook it sure as help should been. Time for some really major Class Action suits against these companies.

[off-topic]
Really, JJ
This is the phone/electronics sub-forum.

The RANT sub-forum is the off-topic section.

QP/OP already ask you nicely to leave his thread alone.

Please do so.
[/off-topic]

Originally Posted By: macarose
I study this quite a bit.

The answer for you is probably the LG G5. Why? Because you can easily replace the battery and upgrade the memory which will likely make it a lot more useful in the long run than the G6.

It should cost no more than $200. The strange thing is I bought nearly a year ago for just a tad cheaper (it was used) and it's still the same price new then as it is now. Not many phones can lay claim to that honor.

My sister had a G5. It was fine except that it suffered from the boot loop problem also. I'd especially stay away from a used one.

https://www.techradar.com/news/these-5-lg-phones-with-bootloop-problems-entitle-you-to-a-big-payout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back