2010 Vibe 4spd, Maxlife & WS, 7 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy 75,000 miles worth of yearly analysis reports from my 2010 Vibe 1.8 with the Toyota U341E four-speed.

I bought the Vibe from Carmax at 29,000 miles, and changed the ATF soon after. What came out was the worst looking fluid I've ever seen, although it didn't smell burnt. I drained the pan again at the next oil change and sent in a sample (second report below). That started me changing about twice yearly and sampling once yearly to track the aluminum. I scaled back to once per year since 8/14, and actually skipped 2017.

The two most recent changes used Maxlife synthetic multi-vehicle, and the rest were Toyota WS. Pan drains take 2.5-2.7 quarts. A filter change at 40,000 took 3 quarts.

I don't know if this is a bad example or what. I'm not the regular driver, but have never noticed any strange noise or behavior from the trans.

Here's a picture of the first change. It shows the engine oil look, but doesn't capture the creamy gray feature of the factory fluid.

I have found what ever Toyota has in their WS trans fluid bottles does not hold up very well. I also have used quite a bit of Maxlife in many toyotas with great results.

Maxlife ATF is really good stuff! I’ve flushed my 2006 Odyssey with about 6 gallons over the past 30k (4 right away, 2 about 10k ago) and based on all the Odysseys I’ve driven, it shifts as good as new. Which is to say, it was a HUGE improvement from the flaring upshifts (especially 2-3) and slamming downshifts (especially 2-1). I was sure it was going to need a rebuild before I added Maxlife D&Fs to the maintenance.

Nice results on your Vibe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back