remote spin on options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently running a Napa remote trans filter kit on my F150. I used a Napa Platinum 41085 (aka the Wix XP 41085xp) last time and it fits well. Specs listed below. Is there a better filter to use for this application? I don't need perfect filtration as any oil filter will be better than the in-pan unit and I would prefer a better flow rate. My intended service interval is approx. 1 year which is generally about 10k miles.

Code:

3.66in OD

7-9gpm

3.7in height

gasket 2.462in ID x 2.834in OD

3/4-16 thread

Lots of folks use a Fram XG-8A (synthetic filter media) in this application, and it'll last the life of the vehicle.
(seriously, it'll never need to be changed)

I have remote transmission filters on both 240's. At 20k the UOA with M1 ATF was fine, very little wear. The Napa 1307 looked new - just a little metal goo on the magnet. I'm extending to 30k and will test again.

Sam

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Lots of folks use a Fram XG-8A (synthetic filter media) in this application, and it'll last the life of the vehicle.
(seriously, it'll never need to be changed)

Agree, any good synthetic media filter will last the life of the vehicle in a transmission application.

Originally Posted by buck91
Currently running a Napa remote trans filter kit on my F150. I used a Napa Platinum 41085 (aka the Wix XP 41085xp) last time and it fits well. Specs listed below. Is there a better filter to use for this application? I don't need perfect filtration as any oil filter will be better than the in-pan unit and I would prefer a better flow rate. My intended service interval is approx. 1 year which is generally about 10k miles.
Code

3.66in OD

7-9gpm

3.7in height

gasket 2.462in ID x 2.834in OD

3/4-16 thread

did you by chance keep your in pan filter?

Not sure what you are asking. If you are asking whether I removed and deleted it or not, most certainly not as it functions as the oil pick up. If you are asking if I replaced the in-pan filter I did not. I didn't think it was necessary as the truck has had two pan drops in its life already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back