Bad STP filter on a Ford 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: racin4ds
I am an advocate of FORD filters only on a 6.0 but I'm failing to see the issue here with this pic? what am I missing?
See all the pleats torn off the bottom? 6.0s are a picky beast, I had problems with the cover orings when it was really cold-they had a tendency to push out oil.

Wow, it seems like STP filters are not worth getting. If I recall this is the second one that has shown deficiencies.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
I am an advocate of FORD filters only on a 6.0 but I'm failing to see the issue here with this pic? what am I missing?

See the circled portion of this clip from that photo:

Complete separation of the bottom.. about 1/2 of the pleats. Extremely bad.

Yeah, I had an STP filter on the wife's JAG. When I changed it, it was empty - as in the ADBV was not working so it allowed it to drain back over night ... Tossed the spares and went back to Baldwin
smile.gif

No more STP filters for me ...

Wire-backed synthetic filters like Wix XP/Napa Platinum or Fram Ultra would be good choices
smile.gif

inb4 STP/AZ switched suppliers to Purolator
27.gif
28.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
What is the oil pressure issue with that engine?

No idea. I didnt ask

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Wire-backed synthetic filters like Wix XP/Napa Platinum or Fram Ultra would be good choices
smile.gif

inb4 STP/AZ switched suppliers to Purolator
27.gif
28.gif

6.0 PSDs are a unique case-I'm not a huge fan of MC oil filters, but I wouldn't run anything else on a 6.0, they're super picky. The '03 E-350 van I had was always doing something weird-it hated 15W40 (& even 10W30!) in winter, even with new batteries & FICM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back