Kia Stinger --- opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a cool looking car; but seems like a bit overpriced on the GT model? Did you test drive one? Youtube in general have positive reviews...

I know that I'm in the minority here, but I honestly just don't like the car aesthetically. It's ugly, plain and simple. I could get over the whole "It's a Kia" sentiment if it performed well AND looked good, but it'd have to look REALLY good.

That's how I feel about the Taurus SHO. I understand that it's a sleeper and can hang with the big boys, but it's not exactly appealing (granted, more so than the Stinger), plus you then have to tell people you drive a...Taurus
sick.gif

At least it's available in RWD- although my local dealer orders all the GT2 models in AWD. Meh.

I sat in one at the Columbus Auto Show recently. I didn't care for the drivers seating position. It's awkward feeling. It is sharp in my opinion however.

If I was going to buy, it would be the 2.0T Premium with the Driver Select. (The 2.0T has more than enough power for me). There is one thing I can't live with. Due to the severe slope of the rear hatch, there is very limited visibility out the rear. If it were not for that, I'd want one. The 2.0T also has great gas mileage. (The 3.3TT has terrible gas Milage), Don't like the small 16 Gallon tank, compared to my Sonata's 18+ tank. Although the 3.3TT comes with (great) Brembo Brakes, the cost of a brake job is astronomical.

I'm waiting for the Stingers cousin, the Genesis G70 to come out. Will see if I like it.

There are a couple of issues with the Kia Stinger First no Dual clutch, plain slush box for that price isn't acceptable. Two From what I can tell the dealership experience with these cars has been terrible. Kia sales associates haven't ever sold anything that expensive and it brings in tire kickers. Should have been sold in a Hyundai dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back