Pro line #PPL-10241, 7,900 MILES CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a longtime friend stopped in with his new to him 09' Ford Focus 4dr sedan. 39,996 on car and its very clean. Judging by Pep Boys sticker it was due for a oil change. Put a Tough Guard 3614 i had and Magnatec 5w30 in and on.

I cut pleats from center tube and no dirt or grit in them
smile.gif

Please ignore second pic; its a auto extra i cut before cutting this filter. Pics of that.comin' right up
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
That looks surprisingly GOOD for a jobber Purolator! If they all looked that good, Puros wouldn't be a problem.

I know right
smile.gif
. I was surprised myself

Great point and post Bullwinkle.

Very good son. Hope you had a good day today wild man. Always very good to see you on here.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Great point and post Bullwinkle.

Very good son. Hope you had a good day today wild man. Always very good to see you on here.

Thanks Bradley:)

Quote:
....Please ignore second pic; its a auto extra i cut before cutting this filter......

Didn't see this addendum until after I looked at the pics several times, threw me off. Thought briefly perhaps PB had changed PL makers. Endcap with ridges a Wix design. However, everything else is M&H Puro. Made April 2017.

Looks like it held up and got the job done at 7.9k miles, on a jobber/value tier filter. Again, obviously not a bitog OF sub forum reader. Either that or a thrill seeker pushing limits of M&H Puro made jobber.

No indentions/cuts on the adbv either, which based on similar base plate/adbv design anecdotes is a positive.

Thanks for c&p.

What I'm learning from your autopsy's is what matters most is the oil selection, you can use pretty much any oil filter..

Yeah, we shall see what a Tough Guard 4386 looks like after 3 4k ocis very soon.

Im using a wix next with some EDGE 10W40HM/0W40 EDGE blend

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
What I'm learning from your autopsy's is what matters most is the oil selection, you can use pretty much any oil filter..
That's it-use thin oil (5W30 or better), avoid short trips/get it hot, don't flog it when it's stone cold (keep delta P low). Probably explains why I've never torn one-or maybe I'm just lucky.

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, we shall see what a Tough Guard 4386 looks like after 3 4k ocis very soon.

Im using a wix next with some EDGE 10W40HM/0W40 EDGE blend

I think that was the filter that went on my 02 Camry.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

What's even better is good oil and a good filter. Why use good oil with a bottom tier filter, or a good filter with bottom tier oil? There's a lot of oils and filters I wouldn't use for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back