Oak Tree Pollen is here again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just like last years post, the Oak Pollen season has begun and just like last year it is everyday and relentless especially where I work as our whole office complex and parking lot is surrounded by beautiful oak trees. If you try to go a full week without at least rinsing your car and windows off the stuff gets pretty thick. Using a detailer spray is not sufficient to the amount of pollen that can accumulate within a 24 hour period. Once the season passes then I will do a spring time detailing on the car .

Oak tree pollen. HA!

Come to south Georgia and enjoy our multiple pine pollen seasons!
grin.gif

When it starts here it's pine pollen that is the most visible and prevalent, yellow dust. One car just back from the ATL covered. Shouldn't be long before it hits here, keeps the car washes busy. Have a very good self serv manual one locally that I frequent.

Compared to allergies here now though, a little yellow pollen to wash off is nothing. Pine not the allergy source though. Thank goodness for Kirkland Fluticasone spray now available through Amazon.

The Pine pollen sounds pretty bad and for those with allergies you are preaching to the choir. I think I am going to try and attack the pollen dust with ONR or ONR with wax, but man that is a lot of drying towels to clean each week.

We had a huge live Oak in our back yard and both my car and the wifes where black, during springtime it was nearly impossible to keep the cars clean, especially since black shows every little speck. I really hated that tree, but it did shade part of the house facing west, which helped somewhat in the brutal Texas summers

Tree pollen is thick here as well. It’s just that time of year. The cars get coated with the stuff in no time.

I would take tree pollen over road salt and brine any day of the week. At least the pollen isn't dissolving your car!

Originally Posted By: JoelB
I would take tree pollen over road salt and brine any day of the week. At least the pollen isn't dissolving your car!

Ok this post is very true and I feel a little bad now about complaining. LOL!

Originally Posted By: JoelB

The difference is I can avoid taking my (nicer) vehicles out into the salt and such. Pollen however is unavoidable, even in a garage.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
In Florida we're already past the live oak pollen season and those pesky little seed pods that find their way into every car crevice.

Here in Clermont FL we are still having pollen issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back