Fram Ultra XGA3901 - Lots of Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I know the Fram Ultra air filters have been posted about, but I figured I'd post pics. Picked one up at Walmart for my Jeep. Boy does it fit like a glove. I replaced a Motorcraft air filter I got on Amazon for $2 a few years ago that didn't really fit, I had to cram it in the air box.

I also weighed the Fram Ultra, 11.7 ounces while the Motorcraft was 8.3 ounces.

Fram customer service was going to email me the other week with some more info but they haven't gotten back with me. From what i was as told though, more retailers will be eventually receive the Ultra filters as well. It doesn't seem they've got a lot out yet though.

The last picture is the Motorcraft filter with around 150 miles on it

2eutrmh.jpg

1zld7p2.jpg

1zcnuvp.jpg

6p1egj.jpg

ei5yd5.jpg

eziem9.jpg

33thvo8.jpg

dg5ite.jpg

2zrfgd3.jpg

I expected something much cooler than that. The molding looks pretty sloppy, but I guess I would prefer that to ensure that all of the air travels though the filter. Fram's flagship air filter is made in mexico? Come on!

SHAZAM! “Protects Up To 2 Years” Almost all OE style air filters will do that unless, you drive in a 2 year sand storm.

Originally Posted By: MParr
SHAZAM! “Protects Up To 2 Years” Almost all OE style air filters will do that unless, you drive in a 2 year sand stormt.

A time limit doesn't seem to make much sense in that application, unless the media degrades.

It looks a lot like the microgards from O'reilly which are also made in Mexico. However, the microgard filte serial numbers match up with Wix.

The full pleat depth Fram CA9401 & TG9401 air filters in my stash were all Made in Mexico. The reduced pleat height CA9401 & TG9401 are contracted out by Fram to Champion Laboratories starting around when Frampion was born and Made in USA. Final word I tecently received from Motorking is Fram decided to stay with the 25% reduced pleat height models after all. I have zero problem with my Made in Mexico Fram air filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back