Pennzoil Platinum LX Euro 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just scored some on sale at AA for $25 and $7 for the Mann filter. I ordered 25 more qts and 5 more filters at the same price that will be delivered to store next week. It works out to $3 qt after the Rennzoil rebate. Sale ends tomorrow.

Removed receipt.

Last edited:
Nice, they're showing it here for $9.99/quart. I might have to make a trip and actually look.

You have to ask for the sale price. I had one store **** around and claim it want not included in the sale price.
It is rebottled Shell Helix Ultra ECT 0w30 which is one of Shells best Euro oils.

Darn, super darn. I just drained that out of my car on Sunday, filling it with something else. I may have started a thread in this Pennzoils late last year. I wanted to use the oil again and do a UOA, but didn't wanna spend $10 a quart.

Thanks for sharing Trav
thumbsup2.gif

Curious, how is it different than Euro 5W30(for diesels) because I have that one laying around? Might use it in Acura which calls for 5W30.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Thanks for sharing Trav
thumbsup2.gif

Curious, how is it different than Euro 5W30(for diesels) because I have that one laying around? Might use it in Acura which calls for 5W30.

The underlying specifications drive the difference. Euro “L” 5W-30 has BMW LL-04, but does not have VW 504/507, Porsche C30, or MB 229.52 like Euro LX does. Euro LX does not have LL-04.

Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
Is there a limit to the rebate quantity/amount per person?

Yes I believe when I got mine the site said 10 quarts or 1 pail.

Thanks for sharing Trav
thumbsup2.gif

The L has Dexos 2 spec among other which is the common spec for all Euro GM gassers so it should be no problem. Ditto with the LX it has MB 229.51 and VW 504 so its backward compatible to 502. You could use either in yours IMO with no issues.

Low sulfur fuel is not as big an issue anymore although people still get worked up about it. I don't get into high VI but for those that do it has a VI of 204 and a HTHS of 3.5 and a good add pack with high Boron and 880 ppm zinc so the protection is there.

AA has this PP sale quite often and now I know where to get it the stash is getting built. I got separate receipts for each 5qt deal so its no problem to have family members submit them. At this price its cheaper than Mobil 1 or Castrol 0w40 from Wally's.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Thanks for sharing Trav
thumbsup2.gif

The L has Dexos 2 spec among other which is the common spec for all Euro GM gassers so it should be no problem. Ditto with the LX it has MB 229.51 and VW 504 so its backward compatible to 502. You could use either in yours IMO with no issues.

Low sulfur fuel is not as big an issue anymore although people still get worked up about it. I don't get into high VI but for those that do it has a VI of 204 and a HTHS of 3.5 and a good add pack with high Boron and 880 ppm zinc so the protection is there.

AA has this PP sale quite often and now I know where to get it the stash is getting built. I got separate receipts for each 5qt deal so its no problem to have family members submit them. At this price its cheaper than Mobil 1 or Castrol 0w40 from Wally's.

So thi sPennzoil is Shell HU ECT C2/C3 or AV-L?
Seems to be a great oil.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4612375/Shell_Helix_Ultra_0w-30_AV-L,_

In Aus, people say: "Ooooo, it's too thin. 0W30..."

It's got a 3.5HtHs and a VI of >200
+the uber clean natural gas base stock

There is a reason it's in the sump of my sludge prone Saab 9-5 Turbo and getting over 30MPG!! (on the highway.) After 2 years since the first sump drop (was caked in 5mm of baked on hard coke/sludge and very glad I cleaned it when I did) I dropped it the other day and found no coking or build ups. just some residual carbon grit that had been encouraged loose from elsewhere in the engine. Sludge prone, definitely. But with rigorous maintenance and quality oil, it's like new. Pity the previous owner had to suffer so much (blown turbo because of sludge and grit in the oil...)

Regards
Jordan

For Canadians, I bought 2 cases of this oil from BLUE WAVE ENERGY with a price of of under $10 a quart (excluding taxes of course). This is cheaper than one can find it at CT. (I use it in our 2018 Golf R).

(Just curious though...my bottles are the grey/silver....does it also come in yellow?)

Last edited:
That's not a bad price. I'm not sure what's going on with packaging; maybe it's older stock filtering through, older bottles filtering through, or if they're not repackaging it yet.

In any case, that's about the best deal I've seen this side of an EcoBox.

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
For Canadians, I bought 2 cases of this oil from BLUE WAVE ENERGY with a price of of under $10 a quart (excluding taxes of course). This is cheaper than one can find it at CT. (I use it in our 2018 Golf R).

(Just curious though...my bottles are the grey/silver....does it also come in yellow?)

The ones I got are grey/silver.

The bottles were the gray/silver color. AAP dangled them in front of me but would not budge on the $9.99 price. After trying a few stores I gave up. I was going to try it in my van and compare it to my PU 5W30 UOAs. Maybe next time someone from the local AAPs will play ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back