My Wife's Mustang Got Wrecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 V6 automatic Mustang with premium interior, 48K miles, well maintained (of course). Got the determination from insurance today they're totaling it.

Some 30 year old from Minnesota pulled out right in front of my wife last Tuesday morning to cross a 4 lane divided 40 MPH street from one parking lot to another while my wife was doing the speed limit, 40 mph, in the left lane. Another car parallel to my wife's in the right lane was turning in to the parking lot the other driver pulled out from. Concrete median where my wife was ahead of the break the other car was shooting for, my wife had no opportunity to brake or swerve. Her right front bumper basically T-boned the other car's left front quarter panel. No injuries, my wife went to her PCP who ordered X-rays just to cover all bases the following day. Although her engine shut off immediately the Mustang was hemmoraging coolant and motor oil heavily.

So, we're car shopping, looking at 2017 Mustangs both new still on the lot and low miles used. The premium interior was no longer available in 2017 V6 Mustangs so we're test driving V8's. The standard seats crimp my shoulder blades rolling them forward but the premium interior seats don't. As if changing to a V8 would bother me
wink.gif

Last edited:
As long as wife is ok that's all that matters. You should be able to find a Mustang to meet your needs. Try a GT out....maybe the seats are just what you need.
grin.gif

We've solely been test driving GT's, my front runner is a highly optioned yellow convertible with automatic and 3.55 rear gears but my wife finds the color combo too flashy for her. She plans to take the 3 day weekend to visit her parents in Houston and look around there. She's never owned a manual transmission vehicle but is looking at some solely for body color. I keep telling her I don't think she'll like a manual transmission when in bumper to bumper traffic in hilly San Antonio. Our visions of priorities diverge. I test drove a silver GT fastback with manual transmission with her this weekend but she didn't drive it and got really perturbed when I asked her if she was going to take lessons. She's always said she wanted auto trans with paddle shifters previously, never a manual transmission, but this body color issue has her shifting priorities. Her 2011 was Kona Blue, very similar to the 2017 Lightning Blue (and Kona Blue is back in 2018 Mustang options). I liked the auto downshifting / engine braking on the highly optioned yellow & black GT we both test drove without the other in the car, I'm positive I tested the performance envelope more widely than she did.

In the mean time insurance set her up with a black Kia Soul as a rental car.

Last edited:
Wow. Holy cow. Like others have rightly said.. main thing is she is all right. Cars can be replaced easily. Not people in our lives. I am very glad that she is all right given that accident. Sure are some World champions out there on the highways.

Driving that Kia must feel like torture to her. Glad she's OK; that's all that matters.

Glad your wife is OK, that is all that really matters...

I think the seats in a GT350 might crimp even less
grin.gif
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Ouch! Always sorry to hear of anyone getting banged up. Glad she is ok. Probably going to feel a bit worse as a couple of days pass.

The car? Just a car after all, it protected her well. Get another one, maybe a bit of an upgrade is in order!

Glad she is ok. Sure she will find something she likes in Houston.

First, glad to hear that your wife is OK and no others were injured. Second, I have never owned a Ford in my entire driving career but recently purchased a 2016 Mustang V6 for my son's 16th birthday. I have to say that the looks of the Mustang car versus the Camaro and the Challenger (the one he really wanted but has since loved the Mustang) is REALLY nice. I also have to admit that the car drives very well and appears solidly built. Glad I have a great first impression with this Ford product.

There is a slightly used Mercedes near me ( at Porsche of Stratham) just a couple years old for $32k. S -class 550 twin turbo. Black with white cashmere.
Man that thing didn't hold its value!

Haven't driven the new 'stang. Supposed to finally drive well. Its about time!

I will say I Don't like the plastic rear "fascia" - looks real cheap.

I like sleepers, so no mustangs or Camaros - I had enough of those when I was in my 20's.

My 66 nova 355SBC 375 HP 4 speed was perfect.

If you want a new Mustang, try:
McCombs Ford West, best selection I've seen
Jordan Ford, best deal

If you want a used one try Hovey Motorcars, I did their website for over 13 years, very honest folk.

What was the street/location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back