The Alpha Male car....Thoughts/questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit of light hearted silliness. Since many here are car nuts, I figured I'd ask for opinions on just what you consider to be an "Alpha Male car". (brodozers don't count) This is about cars.

It's tempting to say classic muscle cars, but that simply labels a man as "old". It's also tempting to claim very high end sports cars, such as supercars, but maybe those guys are trying a bit too hard to impress. The Mustang finds it's way, sideways or backwards into pedestrians and crowds at every gathering, that's not alpha and in control, that's just stupid. The Corvette has the stigma of being a mid life crisis, OMG I'm actually gonna die soon kind of car. The Accord driver is practical, but possibly cheap. BMW's seem to be for nerdy professionals who all too often have no idea how to actually drive a performance vehicle and have never done a track day.

I'm thinking a Jag convertible, or Aston Martin. True car lovers, dedicated to the experience, dedicated to the cars themselves.

Of course, here at the airport, I notice the Alpha aircraft owners generally drive a silver or black mercedes sedan.

ftype-100.jpg

2015-mercedes-benz-s600-naias-2014-4.jpg

Last edited:
IMO, mostly German Sedan(not entry level) I would say
laugh.gif

P.S: I loved your analogy of nerds and BMW, as well as Accord. How about a Civic?Lol
laugh.gif

Holden Special Vehicles GTS-R W1:
maxresdefault.jpg

I can't recall a car that more loudly screams "Great White in the guppy pool" than this car. All the goodness of a well-sorted, rear drive chassis, and an LS9 with manual transmission... oooh.
smile.gif

Wannabe alpha males don't drive cars. They drive diesel-powered lifted trucks and tactical-ized Jeeps.

Real alpha males drive anything they want because they don't care what you think.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Wannabe alpha males don't drive cars. They drive diesel-powered lifted trucks and tactical-ized Jeeps.

Real alpha males drive anything they want because they don't care what you think.

Pretty much.

I have two cars that elicit frequent reactions from other people. Some positive from enthusiasts, but mostly negative from the general public. It's okay though, as I know that some people can be very petty. I just laugh, as I bought the cars to please me, not them.

My Motorcycles also draw their share of commentary, mostly negative. Again, I didn't buy them to please anyone else.

The only guys I’ve known who owned convertibles were either gay middle aged men or very metro middle aged men. The expensive exotic convertibles seem to be owned by rich gay and metro middle aged dudes.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

Pretty much.

+2

Any of the American muscle cars. I have driven a few different Ferrari models and while they were awesome. I wouldn't want one as a gift with full maintenance. They are eurotard. American muscle,,, a mans car.

This. My wife used to tell people I drove a diesel smart because I was undercompensating. :lol:

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech

This. My wife used to tell people I drove a diesel smart because I was undercompensating. :lol:
What a nice wife.

If I had the money for a toy it would be a charger SRT. That is because I like them and could care less what anyone thinks.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
I'm thinking a Jag convertible, or Aston Martin. True car lovers, dedicated to the experience, dedicated to the cars themselves.

It's a sample size of one, but the only guy I knew who drove a Jag convertible (classic) was pretty much an omega male...he could barely look people in the eye when he spoke to them and spent all of his time in his lab without much contact with other humans. He was truly a genius, though, legendary in his particular field of electronics.
I don't think he cared too much exactly what his Jag looked like, it definitely was not waxed regularly and I think I remember some part of the interior laying on his dash waiting for him to have time to figure out how to get it back in place. I'm sure it ran like a top, though. He had a number of classic vehicles, but it seemed like the Jag was his favorite.

Well said...

When I choose to drive my truck, it's to get schtuff done...and it looks just like this:

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I have two cars that elicit frequent reactions from other people. Some positive from enthusiasts, but mostly negative from the general public. It's okay though, as I know that some people can be very petty. I just laugh, as I bought the cars to please me, not them.

My Motorcycles also draw their share of commentary, mostly negative. Again, I didn't buy them to please anyone else.

Unless it's overly loud or spewing smoke, I can't imagine thinking negatively about another person's choice in a motor vehicle.

What are these controversial cars you drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back