Tribodyn snake oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I noticed that my little country got this new "super hyper" oil line called Tribodyn. Its super expensive and seems pretty much snake oil. (Who pays 160dollars for 4 quarts 5w-40?!)
Is this new thing on USA too?

Never heard of them before, and I only see 0W20, 15W40, 2 cycle, and gear oils on their website. An oil additive is mentioned on some of the pages, but I don't see it listed on the products tab.
To quote King Arthur and his Silly English Keniggets, "RUN AWAY!!!"
;^)

Yes, you guys got 72 dollars 5w-40 (1 gallon), but when its here it costs about 160dollars... ( Tribodyn USA shop link):D
Its "super good" with JDM engines (maybe because seller is building these, LOL).

Its funny that its called super good, but nothing real infos about oil. HTHS etc. nothing...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: puliukk0
Yes, you guys got 72 dollars 5w-40 (1 gallon), but when its here it costs about 160dollars... ( Tribodyn USA shop link):D
Its "super good" with JDM engines (maybe because seller is building these, LOL).

Its funny that its called super good, but nothing real infos about oil. HTHS etc. nothing...

Oops, just noticed that I missed a link that shows many more products than I saw before!
Now I see a synth 5W30 for $19/quart. That is way more than even Amsoil SS costs here.
I see a couple of grades on Amazon with zero customer reviews so far.
I just don't see any compelling reason to even think about trying this stuff, the company doesn't even do a good job of putting extraordinary performance claims in your face to make you think you've discovered some kind of miracle product...

Two seconds on that ridiculous website told me everything I needed to know. The next two minutes confirmed it.

Quote:
Applications: TriboDyn® Patented TriDex 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil meets or exceeds the following service classifications: GM dexos1®, API serice category SN, SM, ILSAC GF-5, GF-4, GF-3, & GF-2, Chrysler MS-6395M, and Ford M2C929-A. Fully compatible with all other synthetic & petroleum based engine oils.

Translate that. Do they have the certifications or not? Or is it just another load of goofy like the rest of the site?

Hello!

I noticed that my little country got this new "super hyper" oil line called Tribodyn. Its super expensive and seems pretty much snake oil. (Who pays 160dollars for 4 quarts 5w-40?!)

I think they made a bad choice in trying to sell this stuff in Finland, the Finnish side of my family was/is made up of no-nonsense people who don't take any foolishness from anybody. I think their family motto translated to English was, "Go Tell It To The Reindeer And Leave Me Alone!!!"
;^)

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Hello!

I think they made a bad choice in trying to sell this stuff in Finland, the Finnish side of my family was/is made up of no-nonsense people who don't take any foolishness from anybody. I think their family motto translated to English was, "Go Tell It To The Reindeer And Leave Me Alone!!!"
;^)

Maybe maybe. Its too expensive for Finnish people and too weird to be true...
smile.gif

This dealer was everywhere in Facebook telling "oil facts" (you need more additives!) but couple people asked "why XXX super oil if nobody had problem with normal oils (in like 600hp engines)" or "what you trying to sell".

Will see, maybe this is best oil ever and we are all wrong!!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Funny guys... But maybe it is the future!!! :D:D

Tribodyn will be back???

And will control the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back