Is there any IPhone alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have Torque Pro but no longer own any android device. Is there a good alternative for iPhone, and if so where do I get an adapter? All the ones I’m seeing look like Chinese units (I used to run BAFX).

I’m looking specifically to look at fuel trims, o2, misfire, maf etc etc. if there’s a sensor I want to be able to get a readout on it. Also want reader functionality. PCM is given but BCM would be nice.

I was thinking about just grabbing a cheap tablet if worse came to worse.

Originally Posted By: Hemispheres
I used to have Torque Pro but no longer own any android device. Is there a good alternative for iPhone, and if so where do I get an adapter? All the ones I’m seeing look like Chinese units (I used to run BAFX).

I’m looking specifically to look at fuel trims, o2, misfire, maf etc etc. if there’s a sensor I want to be able to get a readout on it. Also want reader functionality. PCM is given but BCM would be nice.

BlueDriver works great. I think its specific to their own OBD-II "dongle" ($99) but the software is free and really good. Accesses the PCM, BCM, Power Module, Trans controller, and ABS, at least for most vehicles. I keep getting updates saying "support added for BMW," or "support added for Audi" or whatever, so its still evolving.

For IPhone, there is a new BT4 dongle (although it is probably already 1 year since it came out).
A little bit more expensive than the Wifi but I heard it is more reliable because it is faster than Wifi.

There are a few apps on the appstore like OBD Fusion.

Of course, it depends on what brand of vehicle you want to use it on.
The German brands are a little more picky.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

BlueDriver works great. I think its specific to their own OBD-II "dongle" ($99) but the software is free and really good. Accesses the PCM, BCM, Power Module, Trans controller, and ABS, at least for most vehicles. I keep getting updates saying "support added for BMW," or "support added for Audi" or whatever, so its still evolving.

Do you have a link ? For the Android software ?

AutoEnginuity has a PC based OBDII scanner. They now have a iPhone one and are coming out with an Android one. But their product is not a low end product.

Their PC based one is bidirectional if you buy the enhanced interface. At that point you are light years ahead of most scanners except expensive SnapOn ones or dealer ones.

Unsure if the smart phone ones are bidirectional.

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

Do you have a link ? For the Android software ?

Manufacturer's link... don't know about Android support.

https://www.bluedriver.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back