Guys, do your own Laundry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started when a work sweatshirt came back 2 sizes too small from being over dried. My mostly polyester pants and shirts I hung on hangers to dry. The wool socks and cotton undies dry on a rack. Not rocket science,and it saves Marina's messed up back.

Nope - I don't do laundry. Or dishes. Or cleaning. Or cooking (except manly grilling of dead animal flesh).

And my wife doesn't touch a dipstick. Or the mower. Or a shovel. Or a ladder. Or tools.

It's the 1950s in my home, and we're both perfectly content the way it is!
thumbsup2.gif

I am fanatical about three things!!

1) My cars -- all me!!
2) My house/yard -- wife does a good job cleaning.
3) My clothes -- I do all the laundry in this home.

Last edited:
When I first got married whomever was going downstairs to do laundry would ask the other if they had something for the wash.

Well after having my stuff disappear and then reappear (sometimes) days later, I decided to do my own. I was a bachelor until my mid 30's so I was accustomed to doing my own stuff.

Besides she doesn't get the cotton poly blend shirts on the hangar fast enough after dryings and she doesn't know how to fold the collar down properly
smile.gif

I'm a process development engineer at Bell Labs, and aint Laundry just a tidy lil process!

Last edited:
I do about 50% of it. Wash most stuff in cold water, so the colour sorting is no biggie. Pre-treat my oil stained clothes myself, usually have good results with the orange grit hand cleaner + old toothbrush.

I rarely ever lose socks, but the others in house have a HUGE collection of un-matched singles. It is not the machines. Scully? Mulder?

When away from home I do my laundry. While at home my wife has serious OCD which means she does the cleaning and laundry. Trust me it's better when me and the kids step back and let her do her thing.

I do my laundry, the wife does hers and the kids.

I didn't like the way some of my clothes were being washed, and I asked for it to be done differently. The message was if I wanted it different, I should do my own. So I do, and its been that way for 10 years, and I'm OK with it. I get what I want, and she can do things her way for the stuff she does.

I do most of mine but wife ends up folding them out of the dryer. In the cold weather I wear long sleeve button down dress shirts. They go to cleaners after worn for 2 days.

Wife messes more laundry up than me with bleach or things she leaves in her pockets.

From a divorced upbringing. Had to learn how to do it. Still do quite a bit of the family laundry and always have.

I wash my running and ski clothes, the wife does maybe 80% of my other stuff and I just do the remainder myself when I can see I'm going to run out of something I need soon.

I do about half of the laundry but ALL of the ironing...even make my own liquid starch by mixing the liquid starch from the big blue jug 50-50 with tap water and dipping dress shirts in the solution.

I do have a dryer observation...how is it that, more often than not, matching socks wind up right next to each other when the dryer stops? I have noticed that in two different Maytag machines. Does it have to do with static electricity or the weight of the articles, or what?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back