Mobil 1 0w-40 no longer sold at walmart??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple times I went to buy 5 quart jug they were out. Employee in the isle said he hadn't recieved a shipmeent in months for that grade..Has anyone else noticed this or just this walmart....

It very well could be out of stock at that walmart. Walmarts are regional. If it wasn't a big seller in that area, they could have killed it off in that store. It's still available online though.

It’s no longer stocked in my WM either. Only 0w40 left is Castrol black bottle. Just a month ago we had three kinds.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: raaizin
The last couple times I went to buy 5 quart jug they were out. Employee in the isle said he hadn't recieved a shipmeent in months for that grade..Has anyone else noticed this or just this walmart....

AZ has the stuff. $30 for 5 quarts and a M1 filter.

You could get $17 back with the rebate.

Every Walmart store sells a slightly different variety of oils and weights. What sells good in one town may not sell good in a town 50-100 miles away. So poor selling oils/weights get discontinued.

My Walmart is down to only one brand of 0W-30s. That bums me-out also.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
It’s no longer stocked in my WM either. Only 0w40 left is Castrol black bottle. Just a month ago we had three kinds.
frown.gif

The north side of Indiana has the highest per capita number of domestic vehicles in the USA from my travels. Very few cars need it north of Indianapolis.

We still have M1 and others … only one cleared out was PP but I grabbed the 30 ~ did not need more 40…

I found that the online price was a few dollars less then shelf price so ordered for pickup in store. I order lots of stuff online from Walmart now that I used to order from Amazon. Very quick and easy.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
The north side of Indiana has the highest per capita number of domestic vehicles in the USA from my travels. Very few cars need it north of Indianapolis.

skyactiv, I generally can't argue with your per capita statement. But I can say that there are plenty of vehicles that can use 0W40- all the WRX/STIs, my Odyssey, Forester, well... OK. Maybe it's not a need, but definitely a want
smile.gif

If Walmart wants my individual business, they will carry the oils I want (within reason). If they don't, I just do my shopping on Amazon.

Considering how fast the 0W40 moved off the shelf when the clearance hit, there was more of a market for it than they realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back