2018 Toyota Tacoma factory filter, 7,700 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. Off a friends 2018 2wd Toyota Tacoma pickup. 4cylinder engine. Put some Valvoline Synthetic 0w20 "advanced synthetic" and a fram tough guard 3614 i. And on.

I wish the 2.7 in my wife's '11 Highlander had a spin-on filter---I don't get the point of a cartridge filter. But it is a great engine; 128K miles so far and no leaks, no oil burning, and nothing but oil and filter changes and a set of plugs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
Those 2.7 4 cyls are wonderful engines.

I agree. They are vastly under appreciated as most go for the V6. I had the 2.7 in my ‘96 Tacoma. It was a strong performer and I could haul full loads with no worries.

That looks like could be new version of the factory Japan filter made previously. Has the silicone valve. Rare bird in the USA. Good to see, I can appreciate the mess involved in cutting these open and taking pictures. I got oil on my camera last time.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

I agree. They are vastly under appreciated as most go for the V6. I had the 2.7 in my ‘96 Tacoma. It was a strong performer and I could haul full loads with no worries.

Good to know. I’m planning on buying a Tacoma in the near future and was debating on which engine to get. I don’t tow anything or do much heavy hauling but I was concerned the 2.7 might feel underpowered.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112
Originally Posted By: PimTac

Good to know. I’m planning on buying a Tacoma in the near future and was debating on which engine to get. I don’t tow anything or do much heavy hauling but I was concerned the 2.7 might feel underpowered.

I can't imagine it would be any/much different than your Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back