Bluetooth iphone unit for 65 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to find a Bluetooth handsfree unit for my hobby car. First of all the number of units available makes selecting a unit a bit confusing. Also since I disconnect the battery when I am not using the car I seem to be having a problem locating a unit that I can charge at home using a standard charger. I have a 110V charger for my iPhone 7 but I am thinking that in order to use it for this application I will need a unit that the iPhone plug will work on. I don't really care to spend a lot on this as it will not be in a car that I use a lot but since handsfree is about to become the only legal way to use a phone in a car in Ga I am thinking this may be a necessity. Your thoughts?

Is the idea to keep the car looking completely stock?

In my 66 Mustang, I simply mounted the stereo inside the glove box, hidden from view. It was a bit of a pain, but it worked.

On another note, I never could get the sound system to "rock" in that car. I ended up putting 2 small, high quality bookshelf speakers on the rear seat, held in by bungee cords and tabs. Just unhooked them when I had pax.

I think there may be a misunderstanding. I have a radio that I am satisfied with. I am looking for a handsfree answering device for the phone that will be independent of the radio. Yes, I am trying my best to keep the car original.

I’m more than a little confused here, you should be able to disconnect the lightning cable from the iPhone plug and plug any USB cable into it and there are all kinds of bluetooth headsets out there if you are just wanting to talk on the phone... I feel like a speaker phone is not going to work real well in a 1965 convertible due to ambient noise, but I’ve got a Jabra bluetooth speaker I will give you for the cost of shipping if I can find it...

EDIT, for example:

https://www.jabra.com/in-car

Last edited:
Heck Duckrider you are practically a neighbor! I will certainly take you up on the offer for the Jabra. That appears to be what I am looking for. With the top up on the car, the ambient noise is not bad. With the top down may be a test! So with that said I will send you my mailing address by using the message part of this site. If you send me your mailing address I will send you a check for the cost of shipping. In fact, if you make it to Ellijay I can pay you in person. Don't get me wrong mailing the check is not a problem. I can't comment on the lightning plug as I know the phone end is completely different from when I had an android phone.

I’ll go look for it this afternoon... Ellijay doesn’t look like a bad ride, shame it is crummy weather...
frown.gif

I sent you a private message with my address. Yes, the weather is [censored] and has been [censored]. Thanks again. Hope you get the message I sent. Just send me your address and I will send you a check once you get the amount. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back