F250 Needs Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2006 F250 2wd pick up will need tires soon. I can get tires through work for cost or less if I can get a deal from the tire distributor rep.
Looking for a LT265/70R17 load E A/T tire.
Here are my choices. Michelins are not a option.
Nexen Rodian A/T
Yokohama Geolander A/T GO15
Hankook Dynapro A/T
Falken A/T 3
Ohtsu A/T
BFG Rugged Trail A/T
Anyone have any experience/recommendations on any of these tires?

I have the Nexen Roadian HP's on my half-ton with about 10,000 miles on them and they have been an excellent tire. So-I don't have any experience with the Roadian A/T but Nexen is a sound brand IMHO.

You do realize that someone will mention Michelins just because this is BITOG...........

Last edited:
The Hankook Dynapro ATM is a good off-road tire for the money. Dad had a set on one of his trucks, and they did better than even I expected. It would be my choice on that list.

My vote would be for a set of Cooper Discoverer AT/3's, but I also don't mine Hankook Dynapro ATM's and Kumho Road Venture AT51's

From that list I would pick the Yokohamas (they're on the back of my F-450), but my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2s (on the Ram 3500) are quieter on the road (but cost a little more). My luck with Falken (wore fast) & Hankook (balance issues) has not been very good.

from that list I'd go with the yokohama geolandar g015 they balance well, not a massive MPG hit and good in winter.

We run BFG A/T on the 2wd F250s. They're great in severe service hauling loads. They're not on your list but may be worth a thought.

Originally Posted By: jhs914
I've had great results from the Yoko Geolander A/T's. Getting close to 100K miles before replacing.

The regular geolandar A/T are being discontinued for the improved tire the geolandar A/T G015

Supposedly improved in all areas. Which so far seems to be true.

Thanks for the reply's.
Going to give the Yokohama Geolander GO15 a try. Got them for $138 each. I'll get them mounted and balanced at work for free.
They were delivered late this afternoon and look great. The tread is a little aggressive for a all terrain tire hope they are not to noisy on the street.
I was a little disappointed that they were made in Thailand but oh well.
They will most likely get installed next week and I will report on how they initially perform.

Originally Posted By: W9HDG
My vote would be for a set of Cooper Discoverer AT/3's, but I also don't mine Hankook Dynapro ATM's and Kumho Road Venture AT51's

+1 on the Cooper AT/3, and,,, made in America!
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back