It's just not Cricket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the ''sledging''. Just play the game using your skill.

We won't mention the underarm incident....

Originally Posted By: Silk
We won't mention the underarm incident....

That was utterly disgusting.

You can throw all the mud that you want at this "great sporting nation", and it will all stick.

We had a rather biased article on foul play in cricket recently, and guess who was involved in all. I don't know enough cricket to dispute the claims. And this sledging stuff is just bullying...I don't mind mind games, but to stoop that low is shameful. Jimmy Spilhill does it in America's Cup too, it's embarrassing to the sport.

Sports ball guys are not exactly garnering points here for good acts either. One clown attacked a lady in a wheelchair.......IMHO many of these guys never really have to grow up, so the "good-bad" natural curve is shifted, skewed to the bad, and it shows.

I haven't been following this Test series as closely as I usually do but it sure has been an eventful one. I can see a bowler tampering a bit on his own to get better spin but for the captain and senior players to plan it is unacceptable, especially for Cricket Australia. I would not be opposed to a heavy fine or multiple Test ban for this.

Was it the series where Pakistan was whitewashed in Australia in 2009-2010 where the Pakistani players were caught tampering and still lost?

Haha the Barmy Army just posted this on their Facebook page:

Steve Smith is an Aussie
He wears a baggy cap
And when he saw some sticky tape
He said I'm having that...
He gave it Cameron Bancroft
Who rubbed it on the ball
Those cheating Aussie convicts
They'll never change at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back