What are you doing to your car today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truck - diagnosing o2 sensor heater circuit, whenever the mailman arrives with the parts.
Car - hosing it off

I picked up materials for making an undercarriage cleaner out of PVC. Probably fabbing that up today as well.

I cut a lump of aluminium out of the valley of my engine block:

7Ss1TPSh.jpg

CQd2nboh.jpg

To make room for an LS6 valley cover:

urc9zYVh.jpg

It was actually cheaper to buy the LS6 valley cover, gasket, plug, and new PCV tube than it was to buy the the original LS1 PCV valve with attached PCV pipes and hoses (which needed to be replaced as the rubber was getting quite soft).

The LS6 valley cover uses a fixed orifice instead of a PCV valve and picks up from the engine valley instead of the valve covers. Less oil mist to deal in the valley means less chance for oil to come through the PCV system and end up in the intake. Plus, it gets rid of 18" of PCV pipe around the intake manifold.

Win all around.

I'm sure I'll get around to installing the water pump and the cooling system too. I'm waiting for some injectors to come back from Trav before the intake can go back on. Should be back running by next weekend.

OC for the Silverado @ 5K/30% with PUP 5w-30 and a NAPA Gold.

RAV4 - Might try to get the trim on properly that the glass shop didn't when the windshield was replaced the other day. PITA to have to go back to the shop.

Giving the Ram 2500 a rest after driving it 5600 miles in the last two weeks. Then maybe I'll mix up some fresh coolant for it.

Dreaming about putting an LS3 in the Camaro, but I always do that...

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Giving the Ram 2500 a rest after driving it 5600 miles in the last two weeks. Then maybe I'll mix up some fresh coolant for it.

Dreaming about putting an LS3 in the Camaro, but I always do that...

I changed the oil again in the Dually, but I don't even have that many miles on it since I bought it just about a year ago. I'm changing strictly based on the time requirement, since I'll likely never exceed the mileage requirement.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion on the oil. The Cummins runs smooth.

Putting a new water pump on the old 1990 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab. It has just 74K miles but was leaking at the weep hole. Also changing all the water hoses since they are original and I already replaced the heater core and thermostat and radiator cap. It is really almost like new.

Front brakes, rotors, calipers and flexible hoses for 1985 2WD S-10 Blazer 2 door with 383 SBC, turbo 350 auto. This thing is going to be a fun toy.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer
I cut a lump of aluminium out of the valley of my engine block:

7Ss1TPSh.jpg

CQd2nboh.jpg

To make room for an LS6 valley cover:

urc9zYVh.jpg

It was actually cheaper to buy the LS6 valley cover, gasket, plug, and new PCV tube than it was to buy the the original LS1 PCV valve with attached PCV pipes and hoses (which needed to be replaced as the rubber was getting quite soft).

The LS6 valley cover uses a fixed orifice instead of a PCV valve and picks up from the engine valley instead of the valve covers. Less oil mist to deal in the valley means less chance for oil to come through the PCV system and end up in the intake. Plus, it gets rid of 18" of PCV pipe around the intake manifold.

Win all around.

I'm sure I'll get around to installing the water pump and the cooling system too. I'm waiting for some injectors to come back from Trav before the intake can go back on. Should be back running by next weekend.

What car is that in?

Took the new Grand Cherokee for a ride to day. Trying to get the 300 miles of break in done in the next couple of days so we can take it on the Interstate. Must keep it below 55 MPH for the first 300 miles and vary the speeds.

Then took the Scat Pack out for a ride (doing so always makes me feel like it is Christmas morning). Then used detail spray on it and made it shine. Ready for the next show.

Was going to wash the wife's BMW but ran out of energy. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Changed the oil on the Focus. 10000 miles was far enough... Didn't look too terrible coming out but it was time.

I was going to do an OC on my wife's Impala today. It's at 34% with only 3,400 kms but it is all city driving, less than 10 kms to work one way.

I usually do OCs in my driveway but with a decent enough west wind and a chilly +2c, I decided against it.

Hopefully next weekend is better temp and wind wise?

I changed the lube in the differential and 4 speed transmission of my 1962 Studebaker Hawk this morning and then gave the car a good wash job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back