Your Television Setup >>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bot a TCL-Roku TV and so far only have my OTA antenna hooked up to it. Have close to 30 channels for FREE.

What do you have and what does it cost a month?

Sling and OTA I said F You to direct tv few months ago love it actually watch more pbs than anything lol

I have really basic cable($20) coupled to my $80/month really high speed internet for my 100% telecommute job.

My mother in law likes cable news and watches my children so well worth it.

I'm in transition myself. My last check to DirecTV got lost in the mail, and they cut off my service after otherwise not missing any payments in 14 years. So I said F U DirecTV. Going to try out Charter Spectrum TV Choice for $22/month for a while, plus YouTube Red that I already have. It will be nice to save ~$100 a month after kicking the DirecTV habit.

We have the cheapest satellite package and netflix. I find I rarely use the TV anyways, and just watch the odd netflix movie or show on my computer.

We have cable internet, Netflix, and an account at redbox (along with a DVD player). Pretty much covers it.

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I take full advantage of family's vacation home/rental with every channel. I get every premium channel from that with a trick of logging in on cell network to the TV provider who knows your internet location does not have it but then hooking to wifi and using a Chromecast to watch all those apps.

TiVo Roamio OTA hooked to a ClearStream 2V antenna (Bought lifetime service for the TiVo means month-to-month is free)

Apple TV 4K for the following:
Netflix (4 screen Ultra HD plan) = $14/month
Amazon Prime Video (part of Amazon Prime) = $8.25/month
HBO Now = $15/month

Jail Broken Firestick and Netflix paired with my high speed internet for the living room --$70.00 a month. HD antenna on the roof for bedrooms -- bought it 3 years ago for $37.00 -- with it I get about 52 channels on a good day.

Dale

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
What do you have and what does it cost a month?
28yr old 36" JVC CRT. Beautiful blacks. Never paid for cable/sat/'net TV service. OTA always. It costs ZERO/month.

Even FREE OTA TV is mostly junk these days. I'm too old for most of it.

Had cable TV shut off over 4 years ago. Have antenna for local channels. They are in HD. Use a Roku with apps like Pluto TV, Tubi TV, etc. Local internet company offers 50 Mbps for $29.99 with a 2 year contract or $39.99 without it. They have started offering 100 Mbps now for $39.99 - 2 year contract.

Have several free channels on the Roku.

Plenty of content. Only thing I pay for the the ad free version of Hulu.

Fire stick with prime and netflix... considering dumping netflix. Just 50 mbps internet with an antenna. About 50/month.

55" Samsung 4K. Smart T.V.
Samsung sound bar.
Panasonic blue ray player.
Direct T.V. with more stations then i want.
Netflix
Amazon prime
Over the air antenna just in case.
I think Im set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back