fuel hose / copper

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY O WHY do some people think that its ok, to use. hose and / or copper can be used for carburetor fuel line?

I've seen rubber hose used when the steel line is buggered. It must be used at some point by design between the frame rail and engine to take up the flexing from engine vibration. Carburators don't have the high pressure fuel lines that fuel injected vehicles have.

I have not seen copper used much but NiCopp or SS as a corrosion resistant alternative to steel was common in the rust belt. As Kestas said at some point hose has to to be used, rubber fuel hose has been used OE for over a century.
I guess that's why people think its okay to use.

hose on my old Mopars was never longer than 6 inches. over the years i ended up thinking that SOMETIMES the factorys do it right. just saying.

Meh, depends on the spec of the hose. The hoses on my 528e s said made in W germany They were changed circa 2000 and still in good shape. 8x13mm FI hose with a rondel on it is a deal at a buck an inch. The spec is rated for probably twice what 2.5 bar it is regulated to. It is a maintenance item and a fairly easy driveway job. A copper line to a carb is a fashion statement.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Meh, depends on the spec of the hose. The hoses on my 528e s said made in W germany They were changed circa 2000 and still in good shape. 8x13mm FI hose with a rondel on it is a deal at a buck an inch. The spec is rated for probably twice what 2.5 bar it is regulated to. It is a maintenance item and a fairly easy driveway job. A copper line to a carb is a fashion statement.

Hose made in W Germany would be almost 30 years old today. Anything made pre 1949 and post 1990 are just "Germany".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back