Received My Dozen .45 ACP Magazines From Sarco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered them on the first, and they finally arrived on the 22nd. They were very well packed and boxed. On first examination they appear to be very uniform and well made. I tried them in several of my 1911's from Springfield, Ruger, and Colt. They all inserted easily, locked in, and dropped freely. I won't be able to get to the range with them until next week. Sarco sells these things for just $7.90 each for 10 or more. And they are built on their own tooling.

In defense of the long shipping time, they did inform me they were hit with a bad snow storm back there, and lost power in their building for several days. So I can cut them some slack. Bad Winter weather happens. Normal shipping times from them are advertised as 7 to 10 business days. Not the best, but acceptable. And I should mention they did not bang my credit card until they shipped them. These seem like a really nice magazine for the money. We'll see how they run.

Thanks for the review, I've never heard of that place. I bought a couple
CMC mags for my 1911s and they work well but pricey. I'll check
this place out.

Look forward to hearing how they run.

Will you fire various brands of FMJ through?

My Kimber 1911 jams last round on federal 230gr FMJ most every time, but not with Winchester FMJ, nor gold dots...

These guys aren't far from me in the big scheme of things, and may be worth a visit sometime when in the area...

I mostly shoot FMJ 95% of the time in .45 ACP. So that is what they'll see the most of. I've got some open nosed hollow points I'll try, just to see how they feed. I'll most likely get to the range Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll be sure to post how they ran.

Well yesterday I got a little time, so I went to the range with my dozen magazines from Sarco, and 2 of my 1911's. My Ruger SR-1911, and my Springfield Stainless Mil-Spec. Both guns are box stock. I'm happy to report all the Sarco magazines functioned flawlessly. I ran all 230 gr. FMJ Ball ammo, with the exception of 40 rounds of Gold Dot. I divided those equally between both guns and 6 of the magazines. They both digested all 40 rounds with zero issues or hang ups.

There was one magazine out of the bunch that for some reason, would only lock the slide back on the last shot about 50% of the time with just the Ruger. In the Springfield it worked perfectly. I think that is about as good or better than you can expect from any magazine. Especially at that price. I think I'm going to order a dozen more of these. You simply can't beat them for the price.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Look forward to hearing how they run.

Will you fire various brands of FMJ through?

My Kimber 1911 jams last round on federal 230gr FMJ most every time, but not with Winchester FMJ, nor gold dots...

These guys aren't far from me in the big scheme of things, and may be worth a visit sometime when in the area...

Have you tried a Wilson Combat magazine to see if it still hangs up?

Wish they carried 45 ACP 8-round stainless mags for the same price. I take it these wouldn't work in a Colt 45 that came with 8-round mags, or will it?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Wish they carried 45 ACP 8-round stainless mags for the same price. I take it these wouldn't work in a Colt 45 that came with 8-round mags, or will it?

They will work in any full size frame 1911 pistol.

Per the link:

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/191145automagazine.aspx

"For use in all Gov’t & Commerical 1911 pistols 1911, 1911A1 - Gov’t Series 70, Series 80, commander, Essex, Rock Island, etc. - Also the many, many, many aftermarket 1911’s."

billt460 - thanks for the info. I also read in their description: "Mags are processed in a hot bath of sodium hydroxide, nitrates, & nitrites at 141º centigrade - This converts the surface to “magnetite”.

Photo makes it look like stainless steel, but apparently the mags are not stainless but carbon steel with a surface treatment/finish of some kind?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
billt460 - thanks for the info. I also read in their description: "Mags are processed in a hot bath of sodium hydroxide, nitrates, & nitrites at 141º centigrade - This converts the surface to “magnetite”.

Photo makes it look like stainless steel, but apparently the mags are not stainless but carbon steel with a surface treatment/finish of some kind?

That's the description of a classic hot blue on carbon steel...tuned up to make it sound something special.

I got 5 1911 stainless mags from this

place :http://joes1911magmania.net/shop/

I think I paid about $70 for all five shipped. They are Checkmates with the logo stamped or ground over.
They work flawlessly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back