Replacement Radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Another car another issue ... my BMW needs a new radiator ... leaking from the plastic side.

Brands to chose:

BEHR - currently installed 80k km only on it. should I get another one ??
TYC
ADI/PRO
OSC
DENSO
CSF
HELLA/BEHR
NISSENS

THX

My Behr radiators all last 30 years and >200k miles. Surprised yours did so poorly... COO?

Is the Hella one a relabeled Behr?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
My Behr radiators all last 30 years and >200k miles. Surprised yours did so poorly... COO?

30+ years ago, BMW cooling systems were fine. The ones made in the last 20 years don't last anywhere as long. Cooling systems are actually a weak spot in most/all newer BMWs. Not surprising at all.

Behr was OE but the Hella Behr was and AFAIK still service grade. The HB are pretty good though I cant remember ever having trouble with them. COO varies although none are USA or German from the ones I have got.

I guess I could go OEM but not sure if its worth 3x the price.

I'm thinking giving a try DENSO seems like reputable name ...

or found another one NRF B.V. Radiator

Last edited:
Nissens are usually good for BMW’s also. I have had good luck with theirs for my E30 and E90. Both were made in Europe.

Thx, I like Nissen too thank you for recommendation reviews online are good as well.

OEM, Nissens, or Denso

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
I've had good luck with Denso. Original was made in Japan, replacement was made in Michigan. I'm happy so far with mine.

What kind of car was it for where the aftermarket Denso radiator was made in Michigan? All the ones I've seen were made in Taiwan (by their subsidiary Cryomax) or Indonesia

The Nissen for my car is made in Slovakia ...
smile.gif

Behr, Nissens or OE.

FCP Euro should carry all 3 with lifetime warranties.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

30+ years ago, BMW cooling systems were fine. The ones made in the last 20 years don't last anywhere as long. Cooling systems are actually a weak spot in most/all newer BMWs. Not surprising at all.

25 years ago they weren't. Water pumps with plastic parts and other such things still occurred.

My 30 running on 40 yr old Mercedes cars still have Behr radiators. They still run G05, which is very chemically similar to G48 blue.

BMW does seem to run hotter IMO, but others like SteveSRT8 have verified that his HD trucks run around the same temperatures...

I'm glad you chose Nissens. Many Japanese cars use a Denso radiator and they can easily fail after 9 years of driving. Other OE suppliers to those companies (Koyo, Calsonic, and a few others) aren't any better.

denso failing after 9 years? where did you get that info from? Let's see.. my project civic is 22 years old. the denso radiator failed after 19 years.

My scion has a denso in it, and it's fine, that is now 12 years old. Interesting data you have that is just random.

Originally Posted By: researcher
denso failing after 9 years? where did you get that info from? Let's see.. my project civic is 22 years old. the denso radiator failed after 19 years.

My scion has a denso in it, and it's fine, that is now 12 years old. Interesting data you have that is just random.

Some people do get that life from a Denso radiator, but I find that they usually don't. I once had one fail after 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back