75w90 Redline - 6+ years old ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

I have some stock of Redline 75W90 that is 6+ years old ...
Is this still good to use, I'm planning to run it in my Cayenne front and rear diff.

( I been getting around to do the change for a while now lol .. 5 years haha )

Castrol site says to use - Syntrax Long Life 75W-90 I'm sure I can find it somewhere too

Factory calls for Burmah SAF AG4 ( Castrol ) ( I have some OEM fluid as old .. but I think Redline might be a good fit )

Thx

Last edited:
It's fine
smile.gif

i am in the same boat! i store my oils in the hose but have some MT-90 + MT lite in the garage for a while. i guess viscosity improvers are active during temperature changes but with the small spread + fact RedLine is true synthetic little if any are used!

I have never seen any additive precipitation in Redline products, but it is always a good idea to warm up any lubricant and shake it before adding, especially after having been in storage.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I have never seen any additive precipitation in Redline products, but it is always a good idea to warm up any lubricant and shake it before adding, especially after having been in storage.

So you're saying to take a bath with it right? Seems like a good way to warm the bottles up and shake 'em up.
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back