Daughters laptop freezes after Windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am updating both of my daughters laptops and I seem to run into problems with both of them with "2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based systems (KB4089848)"

Both laptops are Lenovo Ideapad 11015ACL. AMD A6 procesor

After the update I restart and get this message shown in the photo. Sorry for the quality. I reboot it a couple times and then can finally log onto the machine but then it will intermittently happen again. I have run the windows update trouble shooter then redownload the update then get the same results.

Any idea what is going on?

I blocked a W10 update for about a year because most of the "apps" on our home PC would not work properly after the update. Finally went ahead with it and a slew of other patches a few months ago after the news of a big security hole that I believe was memory related that really had to be patched, things worked more or less OK after that. Have a few strange sound issues with some programs and games now, NBD.
My only advice is to revert to the state before the update if possible and wait for Microsoft to get it figured out...

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-pin-error-0x80070032-on-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

They list 3-4 options to try and fix the issue.

dont download any software or automatic fix junk from that site.

from quickly skimming the article You either remove the one folder or recreate your login

I just had an issue where the update broke hevc playback.. and the fix was to remove and reinstall a windows software "plugin" but it wouldnt reinstall "something went wrong on our end try again"

was annoying.

Edit: trav's link below is probably better to try first.. I didnt see that one in my google search.

Google "Last Known good configuration". Follow the instructions to roll back your system files to a time prior to the update.

Do a manual check for updates & check the update history. I've heard reports that notices such as yours are in fact incorrect and that the update was successful.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Download and create a bootable USB drive of the Windows ISO from another Windows 10 computer (Compatable) following instructions from above site.
Insert USB drive into the laptop and restart.
As laptop starts up, select F12 (Boot Option) and ensure Windows boots from USB Drive.
When Windows re boots, Follow the prompts for "System Recovery".
In "System Recovery", select an earlier Restore Point (Date/Time).Most likely the point before the upgrade was downloaded.
Follow instructions and when Windows re-starts it should function properly.
**Disable "Automatic Windows Update" until Windows gets the bugs out of this version.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Its failing trying to access a gmail account? Maybe a sync or backups? bring up a cmd window (as administrator) and type sfc /scannow and reboot

Originally Posted By: Rand
I just had an issue where the update broke hevc playback.. and the fix was to remove and reinstall a windows software "plugin" but it wouldnt reinstall "something went wrong on our end try again"

Same thing happened to me. I was getting buffering issues and internet drop outs on both Edge and Chrome. Did a stats for nerds check on a HD youtube video and noticed the VP9 codec wasn't being used. Hence, there was definitely some hardware acceleration issues related with the creators update. I went directly to intels site and downloaded the latest graphics driver for HD630. Solved the problem.

Also try plugging it in via ethernet and logging in. It seems like its having an issue verifying the gmail account. Create a local Admin account to use also that way if something ever does go wrong, you can still log in and use the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back