Grandson Graduated from Boot Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Managed to get his E-3. He has had a tough life but found his nitch, I think.
His brother enlisted in the Marines and goes to Boot Camp this summer.
1_29511765_10155123541416433_8387537462221602816_n.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Congrats! What does the ribbon and medallion stand for?

The ribbon is the National Defense Service Medal. It has been awarded to service members since 9/11/2001, for their service.
The medal is a marksmanship medal. There are three levels: Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert. I assume it is for the M16, since that is what they are trained onduring basic training. I can't tell which level he was awarded.

Let me add my congratulations to him for his successful completion. His advanced training will be less stressful and just as rewarding.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Congrats!

AL, may I ask what training/specializations he plans to attend/take during service?

I believe it is equipment operator. No sure of the exact specialty.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Congrats! What does the ribbon and medallion stand for?

I don't know about the ribbon. The medal may be some type of shooting rank?

Thanks all and thanks for the clarification. He turned out to be a good kid. A few years you would have your doubts.

Last edited:
What you call a medallion is the marksmanship medal he was awarded. As stated above, I can't tell which level he was awarded, nor for which weapon, but most likely was for the M16 rifle performance.

The NDSM ribbon is officially called a medal, because there is a medal version of this award. The ribbon is worn on the uniform.

His uniform shows E-2 stripe. Best of luck to him.

Congrats and all the best to your grandson and his brother. Their service is never to be forgotten.

Just had a nephew graduate out of Quantico. Marines OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back